Copy a character and a question about exporting

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chumamania

Copy a character and a question about exporting

Post by chumamania »

Whats up everybody, im new to the program its pretty amazing, just got a couple of questions. I have a character in one layer that I want bring over to another project. How can I do this ? And I created this scene in the forest and everything exports but the grass I drew, any thoughts on why this is? Is it because its to deatailed.

Thanks
Jeronimus

Post by Jeronimus »

Just assuming Anime Studio still has sort of the same interface and controls as Moho.

Open the file you want to import the other layer into. Click "File", "Import", "Moho Object". Look for the other moho/anme file and select the layer you want to import.

About the grass not exporting, I wouldn't know. Are all your layers 'visible'? Might help to solve your problem if you describe it more clearly.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Just some additions:

Importing an "Anime Studio object" means that you can import everything from the first level of layers (that's the highest, most-left level) from another file. It is a good idea to organise your files in a way that you have folder layers or group layers on top for each character, each background, each otehr object.

The other way to "copy" which I use mostly when things don't change much from scene to scene is to just save the scene with a new name and then delete every layer I don't need.
chumamania

Post by chumamania »

ight cool sounds good thanks
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

When I need to import something "special" into another file (something on a deep layer like a prop or background) and it isn't at a top level layer in the original AS file I will open that file and create a "special" import file just for that purpose. Usually I delete all the layers except exactly what I need.

In my projects I have a folder called "import" where I place these so they don't get confused with other files.

One of my top 10 feature requests is being able to import ANY layer from an AS file.

-vern
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

That would be handy. But then it would need another instance checking for dependancies and tell me something like "the layer(s) you wish to import is bound to a bone layer. Do you like to import this as well?"

I can live with the present solution. What I really miss is an organized library and linked files like in Flash ...
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

slowtiger wrote:I can live with the present solution. What I really miss is an organized library and linked files like in Flash ...
Absolutely. That's in my top ten feature requests...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?