nice edges on obj´s

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kasjorg

nice edges on obj´s

Post by kasjorg »

Hi.

Im playing around with 3d obj files but the edge offset tool really bugs me it never seems to do nice lines. They always come out very big and black in one end and thin in the other when moving the object around. Someone mentioned something about putting "hard" shadows on in my layer properties but I haven´t figured out how. Anyone got any tips on how to make nice black edges on the obj´s?

thanks Kasper
Kasper
Touched

Post by Touched »

When you double-click on your layer, find this tab, and set the settings the way you see them here. Adjust the Expansion to your taste, and make sure to click on the Shadow colour and make it black with 255 Alpha, which will make it solid (by default it's 50% transparent).
kasjorg

Post by kasjorg »

cool thanks a lot, Im working with painted textures and the model I painted in a 3d painter program didn´t seem to wanna show any shadows but the non textured ones and the ones with normal photoshop textures worked fine :D

Cheers Kasper
Kasper
kasjorg

Post by kasjorg »

now I´m using the shadow effect to outline my objects but I find it very hard to control the lines. When my layer is set to scale compensation the lines pop from 1 to 2 to 3 etc. and it look very not nice. Vhen I switch off scale compensation the line stays the same but with my camera moving it´s nor optimal as well. Is there no way to interpolate the shadow effect properly og set the shadow expansion to numbers inbetween 1, 2, 3 etc?
Kasper
Touched

Post by Touched »

Hmm, I don't know if that's possible. The problem has gone beyond my knowledge. Hopefully someone else can offer a suggestion.