HUGE file sizes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lizardboy347

HUGE file sizes

Post by lizardboy347 »

Is there any way ASP5 can export animations at a lower file size? I mean after I export, the file size is HUGE and the animation is only about 2 minutes. IT TAKES ABOUT 7 HOURS TO EXPORT AN ANIMATION THAT IS ONLY 2 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any way I can export it faster with the file size smaller? :roll:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Well... judging by the size of the images in your signature...

... you like things to be HUGE. ;)

We would need to know what compression settings you use, what the size of the project is etc etc.

If it took 7 hours to render 2 minutes... you must have a bunch of particles or a ton of large images or just bunches and bunches of layers with lots and lots of vectors.

Need more info.

-vern
lizardboy347

Post by lizardboy347 »

Well you see. "What ASP5 can do to a square" is the animation that took 7 hours to export. I posted that up in Share your work. Sorry I'm kinda new to AS. There are compression settings? You mean you can compress while exporting? I exported the animation as a AVI video. Its 972 MB.
Touched

Post by Touched »

It should give you a dialog box upon export where you can choose what kind of video compression to use. It sounds like yours is uncompressed.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

heyvern wrote:Well... judging by the size of the images in your signature...

... you like things to be HUGE. ;)
Yeah, I hate it when people have all these huge pictures in their signatures. They don't need to be there and they just take up way too much screen space. A lot of forums either disable signature pics or they limit the size they can be.

Please take off one of those images and possibly even size down the remaining one.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yes, I have to agree...

Lizardboy, those huge signature images are only interesting to look at for the first post... then they become annoying.... very annoying. Remember they appear on EVERY SINGLE POST you write. If you get prolific... it just creates a situation where the threads are hard to read.

After a while I tune them out. They become meaningless and just take up space on the page.

-vern
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

heyvern wrote:After a while I tune them out. They become meaningless and just take up space on the page.

-vern
Yeah, thats why I never have them. I just put some personality into my avatar...which isn't taking up any more space than the next guys avatar.
lizardboy347

Post by lizardboy347 »

a he sorry guys :roll: Took one of them off
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

problems with annoying images?
try adblock plus!. hundreds of people who know redhamter recommend it.
lizardboy347

Post by lizardboy347 »

Touched wrote:It should give you a dialog box upon export where you can choose what kind of video compression to use. It sounds like yours is uncompressed.
Okay I see the video compression box...Now how do I know which one to use? There are a bunch of options :?:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Test all the options.

Decide which one looks best with the smallest size.

Just so you know, these compression options won't speed up rendering. You may get some speedup if you change the pixel dimensions of the actual rendered animation... or check the render at half resolution in the render options box.

-vern
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I was trying to download that box animation but saw it was 40MB. Not cool man. Cancelled the download.

I use QUICKTIME, SORENSON VIDEO 3 at medium compression settings. Tried a lot, and I find that's the best one for me. File sizes are usually no less than 5 meg for web-size videos, at about 2 minutes.

7 hours for 2 minutes of animation? That's nuts man. Sort out those compression settings so we can see your animations. Unless you have like, a huge raster file somewhere. Even if its not in the viewable area, Moho will render the raster file in any event. Try and remove anything that isn't in the visible rendering area, or turn it's visibility off until it pops into view.
lizardboy347

Post by lizardboy347 »

Yeah now you know why I said huge file sizes! And thanks for the info! I'll try that :D
Touched

Post by Touched »

Yeah, I didn't download it for the same reason. I'd suggest you do what I'm doing now, and upload your videos to a video sharing site, and give people the links to that.
cribble

Post by cribble »

Oh, and to make your animation export quicker, resize that rendering window (during the actual rendering process) so all you see is the process bar. That should speed yer'up a lil.

Unless you're running a 486?! Then good luck...
--Scott
cribble.net