Quicktime render problem

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slice11217

Quicktime render problem

Post by slice11217 »

Just so everyone knows, I did a search to see if anyone's run into this before me...

I'm working on a G4 Mac, running system 10.3, and using AnimeStudio. My project is 1440 X 1080 at 30fps. In the project, there is a character that is part vector, part image.

Here's the problem: when I render out to Quicktime (animation compressor, millions of colors+) and then import the movie into After Effects what I get is the image layers look fine but the vector levels all look to be at about 10% opacity.

I ran a few tests to see if I was crazy or not. First I rendered out with the image layers turned off and got the same result for the vector levels. I checked the alpha of the shapes (all 100%/255). I rendered out at millions of colors (no +) and the vectors are at full opacity but of course, I have no alpha and unfortunately I need an alpha.

My workaround for the moment is to render out as .PNG files. This seems to take a little longer and isn't quite as portable as a .mov, but I got the result I needed.

I'm going to see if I can sneak a render from one of the computers I have at work (G5s running latest OS), but I'd really like to have this resolved on my home computer since that's where I use AS the most.

Thanks

Slice
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Update:

I tried the same file on my computers at work (Intel Mac) and I had the same problem.
Touched

Post by Touched »

I haven't had that problem, but I've been using the PNG compressor for Quicktime, not the Animation compressor. Have you tried that?
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Touched wrote:I haven't had that problem, but I've been using the PNG compressor for Quicktime, not the Animation compressor. Have you tried that?
I haven't tried that. I normally use Animation Compressor, and have for a long time. Usually it works -this is the first time I've ever had any problem with it.

I'll run a test and see what happens
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

[img]

Just tried it. Got the same result.[/img]
Touched

Post by Touched »

Unfortunately that was my only guess. Hopefully someone else can help!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Did you try checking "Do not premultiply alpha channel" in the export settings?

This is just a guess.

-vern
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

heyvern wrote:Did you try checking "Do not premultiply alpha channel" in the export settings?

This is just a guess.

-vern
No, but I'll try that also!

Thanks
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

You guys so totally ROCK!! Thanks!

Now here's my next question:

How can legally make 3 million dollars in the next 6 days and pay little to no tax on it?

...come on, I know you can do it....