Gradient fill

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Patrick McClintock

Gradient fill

Post by Patrick McClintock »

Hello Users,
I am having trouble getting a complex shape to take a line and gradient
fill. It won't even take a simple fill. It doesn't even show up in the render.
WHAT BUTTON DO I NEED TO PUSH???
Please reply,

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/hayalya/pho ... 17656559/0
P.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Would need to see the actually AS file.

From that image all I can say is that it SHOULD take a fill very well. I have no idea why it isn't. It isn't really a complex shape.

Are you certain you have the correct tool selected? Many people use the "select shape" tool instead of the "create shape" tool... and then get confused.

If those are points selected and you select the create shape tool, even if a fill shape doesn't work a red outline would absolutely appear indicating a stroke shape to be created (hit the space bar).

There is no red outline in that image so the wrong tool is selected.

Or possibly you have a shape defined already. I forget how the new AS works regarding multiple shapes on a vector. The original Moho allowed multiple shapes to be made on top of existing shapes, but an alert box appeared. I think AS just doesn't do anything if a shape already exists. Not sure. You could override this by adding an extra point off to the side of the shape to be created and deleting it later.

-vern
Patrick McClintock

Vern,
I'm having trouble posting the .anme file. Just how do I do that??
P.
Patrick McClintock

Gradiant fills

Vern,
A unique feature to ASP allows for the overlapping of lines. When I removed these 'interior' lines I got my gradient fill. could it be that I am overlapping lines in the wrong way? Are there overlapping lines rules?

I seem to remember there might be, I'll check the tuts.

Thanks in advance for any other advice.
P.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Make sure that the overlapping stroke shape has the fill turned off.

If you have a separate shape with strokes and fills make sure you turn off the fill or line for each.

that's my guess. As far as I know there are no "rules" for overlapping strokes. I do it all the time. You are talking about multiple shapes on the same vectors right?

By default a newly created shape has a stroke and a fill.

I missed the bit about the gradient... but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

-vern
Patrick McClintock

Gradient Fill

Good Easter (passover) whatever, Morning!!!!!
Happy Holidays.

For my vector layer there are multiple shapes that went into the making of the final shape. Yes, multiple shapes on the same vector.
Post shape building I added interior lines, like at the elbow wrist etc.
It wasn't until I removed these interior lines, that I could get the fill to work.

I hope this helps and has some value.
Thanks for your tips Vern, I'm in love with ASP. I especialy like the variable thickness line feature.
P.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Hmm....

I'm still confused. I use those "interior lines" all the time without any trouble. I even include them with the base shape.

You are talking about those little lines that taper to a point inside the shape at the joints?

Maybe there is something in your description I'm missing.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

Patrick McClintock wrote:Vern,
I'm having trouble posting the .anme file. Just how do I do that??
Register in a ftp free host server, upload the file to your account and insert the link in your post.

I've followed the thread and really the sample file is needed becasue I cannot reporoduce the problem.

Rgds
Genete