I just did an impromptu sales pitch/demo!

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AcouSvnt

I just did an impromptu sales pitch/demo!

Post by AcouSvnt »

I was visiting a small, local animation studio today as part of an attempt to network and ultimately get work somewhere. (I'm terrible at networking; I've taken seminars on it recently, but just can't bring myself to stick to the "proven" methods when conversing with live humans.)

In the course of this, I asked if they'd ever heard of or used Moho. One thing led to another and by the time I left they had installed the demo and I had given a brief demo/overview. WHY AM I DOING THIS? No one is paying me to do this. It's just something you can't help but do when you're enthusiastic about something. (Like I couldn't shut up about the Atkins diet when I was doing that.)

Anyway, I showed it to Mike Boas, apparently big on the computer/web/Flash end of things there, and seems to be a smart and interesting guy. Hopefully he'll take to Moho and maybe even join this forum. (And hopefully put it into more actual use than I do, heh.)
Last edited by AcouSvnt on Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Keith
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"WHY AM I DOING THIS? No one is paying me to do this."

I know what you mean, I also pimp Moho to everyone interested (or not). Just like a couple of other programs I like. Maybe there is something for us in it though. If the userbase increases Lost Marble will have more reason to develop the program further. Unless he gets lazy and goes to swim in his money with his Hollywood starlet girlfriend.

You are an Atkins person? Now some of those people scare me...Hope your weight problems are history though!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

I did Atkins in the year before it exploded. Technically, you do it for life but -- #1, apart from the initial phase it's not radical at all, and #2, my metabolism is such that I don't even need to stick to the lenient latter-phase stuff very closesly. Mostly I try to avoid sugar and white bread now. I call it "carb-aware".

I know this is selfish, but I kind of like the fact that Moho isn't overly well known; it makes me feel like I have a "secret weapon".
-Keith
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

Funny,
I am in the IS dept of my company. I meet with one of the marketing managers (of the company) to critique my personal art work about once a month.

He asked me more about some of the software I use. I told him the top three are Moho, Flash and Maya.....

He was really interested in Moho and Flash.

Networking, the greatest advertising in the world!
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Anyway, I showed it to Mike Boas, apparently big on the computer/web/Flash end of things there, and seems to be a smart and interesting guy. Hopefully he'll take to Moho and maybe even join this forum. (And hopefully put it into more actual use than I do, heh.)
HA! While living in Rochester I always looked forward to the House of Guitars Christmas commercial. "Blue nose rendeer" classic.
I know this is selfish, but I kind of like the fact that Moho isn't overly well known; it makes me feel like I have a "secret weapon".
I know exactly what you mean. On the one hand, more people buying Moho means more money for Lost Marble, which in turn means more development, and more of our crazy requests get put into future versions. On the other hand, I like that I have a "secret weapon" for turning out animation, while everyone else is struggling with Flash or figuring out how to use ToonBoom (or 3d). I'm torn between the good and evil sides of my self.
________
Maryjane
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Thanks guys - we really appreciate the promotion. Word of mouth is really important for Moho. There have been several magazine reviews, but mostly in smaller publications. To get a product really well known, it seems you need to hire a big marketing firm for $100k or so, so until we can afford to manipulate public opinion (:lol:), keeping Moho users happy is the best way to spread the word about Moho.
cribble

Post by cribble »

Yeah, occasionally i get the odd comment like "how did you get it so smooth at such a low frame rate?" and I'm all like "Har har..... MoHo" before shortly hearing them babble about flash and their shape tweening issues.
--Scott
cribble.net
TDolce

Post by TDolce »

House of Guitars?! Oh my,....that does bring back my childhood in ol' Rocha cha!!! I was born and raised there and left at 21 years old. Actually lived in Fairport for many years and then Brighton for a stint....OH well,...I'll be there in a few days again to visit family. There is an animation studio there called Animatus. It's been there for years. I believe they still use AXA for there animation classes that they offer too. What a shame. Moho would be great to teach the new blood.

Todd
Todd Dolce
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

TDolce wrote:There is an animation studio there called Animatus.
Indeed. Hover your mouse over the word "studio" in my original post. :)
-Keith
TDolce

Post by TDolce »

Ooops,..missed that. Yes,..I actually went into it for an afternoon and checked it out while class was in session. I seriously considered attending some classes way back, but decided I could pretty much teach myself. It's a cool little place though. They were so high on AXA at the time. I just wasn't into learning on an app that I would probably never purchase. It was pretty expensive back then.

td
Todd Dolce