moving keyframes for multiple layers at same time?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

object22

moving keyframes for multiple layers at same time?

Post by object22 »

I have many animated layers and have decided i want to add empty time at the beginning to add some different things, how can i move the animation from all layers over about 90 frames? do i have to goto every layer and move each set of keyframes to the right? or is there an easy way to move the keyframes from all layers at once?

Thanks in advance!

-object22
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

I think you are looking for "animation/rescale keyframes" in the menu. Don't forget to activate "rescale entire document". You should be able to figure it out from there.

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

Does this only add to the beginning of the animation or can you specify where to put the empty frames?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

You can add empty frames in the middle using that same dialog box. For example, using these values:

Start frame 10
End frame 20

New start frame 20
New end frame 30

This will shift the frames from 10 to 20 to the right by 10 frames, leaving a "hole" from frame 10 to frame 20.

However, because of interpolation, it's likely that something will continue moving during that "hole". There won't be any keyframes in that time period, but some movement could be caused by keys before and after the "hole".
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

Gotcha!

Thanks.
This helps....I was doing it the long way, moving them all individually, also.