Loop an SWF seamlessly

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Springymajig

Loop an SWF seamlessly

Post by Springymajig »

Hello everyone...

I've been lurking around a bit finding most of the answers to my questions just by searching the forums... but I couldn't find an answer to this one...

When expeorting as an SWF, I got it to loop fine.... except (and I'm guessing this is because of the "Extra SWF frame" option) it makes a gap between the beginning and the end of the loop, causing an annoying flicker.

Is there a way to get rid of this in anime studio? I'm assuming flash would solve this problem.... but I don't have flash so... it'd be nice if I can solve the problem without it.

Here's a simple SWF just to show you an exampleof what I mean...

http://sisforawesome.com/upload/files/11/Untitled.zip
Genete

Post by Genete »

There is a empty frame at the end of the animation. This is the cause of the flickness. Did you do it deliberately?
When I export an animation to flash I don't have the EXTRA SWF KEYFRAME enabled and I don't have that problem for loop animations. That could be the problem.
Regards
Genete
Springymajig

Post by Springymajig »

That empty frame, as far as I know, is added when you tick the box that says "Extra SWF frame"...

I did that because if I didn't, the animation would sort of 'double-up' over itself. I found a few threads from earlier that suggested ticking the "Extra SWF frame" option to solve the problem (which it does... but then it causes another problem :P )