Keyframe All

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HassleHead

Keyframe All

Post by HassleHead »

This seems like it would be a good tool to me. At any point in the timeline, keyframe all to fix absolute position at that point in the timeline. Maybe it has to do with the way I'm working, but I often have to go back and re-keyframe because I forget that when I move a bone or point, it moves relative to the last keyframe and I don't want it to, I want it to move relative to the last position in the timeline. Make any sense?

-HassleHead (David)
muuvist

Re: Keyframe All

Post by muuvist »

HassleHead wrote: Keyframe All
This seems like it would be a good tool to me. At any point in the timeline, keyframe all to fix absolute position at that point in the timeline. -HassleHead (David)
You're in luck, look for 2 tool scripts called " js_keySkeleton.lua and js_key_all.lua" Sorry I can't remember the link but they both work well: many thanks to the author.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

When you say "key frame all" do you mean key every frame? Or every bone or animation channel? Or just "freeze" the action before the next key frame?

The scripts mentioned above would solve the key all bones or channel problem... but...

The software would have to be psychic to do that last bit.

If you have a key for a bone on frame 20 and want that bone to stay in that position until you move it later you still need another key before the next motion key. You always need an "extra" key frame to keep something from changing between the main motion frames... you need a hold key just before the next motion:

------> motion key ------> hold key ------> motion key ------> hold key

The hold key is the same as the previous motion key and should be a "little bit" before the next motion key depending on how fast you want the motion to be.

Even then it's a good idea to slightly change the hold key so it isn't totally motionless otherwise it looks "odd". A "moving hold".

-vern
HassleHead

first

Post by HassleHead »

Thanks for the information about the scripts. They are what I was looking for. And, Vern, thanks for the advice. You are absolutely right about the hold key. The reason I was looking for the "key all" is because I tend to work on one thing at a time and then forget to "hold" the next piece and then things get out of whack. I'll be much better off keying all bones in a "hold" and then moving on to my next motion. So, all of the above is very helpful and thank you. Hopefully I'll have something to show for all my questions soon.

-HassleHead
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

:oops:

I jumped the gun a bit but wasn't sure what you meant. Glad you got the info you needed.

I thought about it after I posted...

"Maybe.. he meant keying all the OTHER bones... dang!"

;)

-vern