Setting up a cinematic chain at frame 0

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Setting up a cinematic chain at frame 0

Post by Genete »

Setting up a cinematic chain at frame 0,

I will use this post to remind me a discover that I've just done.

If you are following my tips, in the 3D realistic eye, there is a layer in the anme file called "bones copy". In that layer I have a premade bones chain that I needed several times to complete the spherical rig. Just copy them and paste in the other layer with the copy/paste bones script.
Well, it was a little anoying that if I adjust the cinematic chain for a particular point in the 3D space, I have to change the size, the relative position (depends on the size) and the angle (all in frame 0) for every bone in the cinematic chain. It is a lot of clicks and numerical entry by keyboard.
I've just discovered a way to perform that set up easily. Do it at frame 1. Using the manipulate bones and the scale tools I can make it in only two steps. It is due that I have include (now) the scale in the contraitns of the bones of the cinematic chain (except for the third because its length is not relevant). So manipulating the master bone (scale and angle) I set up the cinematic chain at frame 1 to its desired angle and length.
The last step is select all the bones from the cinematic chain, select the scale bone tool and make a click at any position in the main window. Also the same with the rotation bone tool. It creates the corresponding keyframes at frame 1 that can be copied to frame 0 easily. :)

Where is the benefit? the scale tool maintain the porportions of the slave cinematic chain, so the scale also change the relative position of the bones in the chain. Now I don't have to do it manually... :)

Hope it makes sense for someone...

Regards
Genete.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ha ha!

Brilliant!

I hate all that readjustment when scaling chains. Pretty cool tip.

-vern