locking a bone in place....

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

broonz

locking a bone in place....

Post by broonz »

hello moho users!

err i have one question...is it possible to lock a bone to one place for a temporary period of time...(like in my case a foot that has to stay in exactly the same place...) I'm sure i read somewhere in the tutorial that its possible but can't seem to find where it was.

Thanks

broonz
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Yes, there is a bone locking feature. Take a look at Tutorial 3.2 in the manual. It covers various types of constraints, including bone locking.
broonz

Post by broonz »

thanks very much!
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

I must say, in as pleasent a way as possible, that I'm getting a little bit irritated by people asking questions the answers to which can be found in the tutorial.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"I'm getting a little bit irritated"

Well gosh darnet, turn that frown around and SMILE! Seriously, Moho has some of the best beginner tutorials around. I can understand people wanting to jump right in this fine piece of software (a bit too much sucky-uppy?) but when you start with Moho first go to the tutorial section and complete and understand every single one in the right order and you'll be a Moho whiz in no-time! You'll be glad you did!

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I don't want to go off topic but just want to encourage you not to get miffed about people not finding an answer in the help file. I have gone through the help files and tutorials entirely one time and in pieces as I need stuff and you sometimes forget where you saw something. It might be helpful to compile the help file as a PDF (there are free programs out there I believe like CutePDF?) or a windows chm file as I believe both support keyword searches -or maybe if there is a way to add a search feature to the online help file that LostMarble posted? Another possiblity is to assign moderators who could move topics to the FAQ forum grouped by topic.

Anyhow the point is that as a noob myself I know that I have read the manual but it is a lot of info and you just sometimes forget where you heard something. My suggested solutions could help reduce the stress for some of you more knowledgeable types that are aggravated by us new guys. :)
trash

I cringe at pdfs. So much wasted screen with them.

Post by trash »

But a search box would do wonders on the manual
TDolce

Post by TDolce »

I understand that that can be frustrating, but a forum is designed to be able to handle these type of repetitive questions. Sometimes one may know what they are having troubkle with but cannot find the correct term or terminology that is used by the application so as to find it quickly in the help files. This can and does happen. In an ideal world, it would be nice if everyone would look in the help files or tutorials or even search engine of a forum before posting,..but that's just not going to happen. What we don't want are people "afraid" to post a question in fear of backlashing from the experienced forum members. That would be a bad thing in my opinion.
Todd Dolce
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

I don't really think it's anything wrong with asking about something you want help with, but sometimes I get the feeling that people ask before checking the tutorials. I have I brother who is completely incompetent when it comes to computers, but still he uses it a lot. As soon as there is any problem he asks me what's wrong, and then I check it out and find that the answer is written right in front of him, BUT HE HASEN'T BOTHERD LOOKING!

Porsonally I'm not very fond of help-files, and I haven't one single time read the tutorials of moho (or any program I have!). I think that you, when you learn the program on your one get a more personal understanding, and you get more deeply intouch with the the program in question. I haven't ever had a single problem in moho.

But if I were to have a problem, I would check the helpfiles first.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

...maybe there should be some stuff in the FAQ section? We could be righteously indignant twice over!

Only kidding...!!!!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?