Incompetent Secret Agent. Experiment in bone rigging

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Genete

Post by Genete »

I have no words....
p6r

Post by p6r »

purely FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

It's looking just great heyvern, well done!!
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

heyvern wrote:Another one...

http://www.lowrestv.com/moho_stuff/ISA_demons.mov

-vern
Looking good, nice work! :wink:
muuvist

Great work

Post by muuvist »

Congratulations, it looks fantastic.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Amazing result - although I notice a slight distortion of the head in the turn ... but since I happend to see some minutes of "Boondock" yesterday I'd say this is still over standard in today's TV animation.
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

stunning stuff as usual cant wait for the "as" files!

keep it up!!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ha ha! Ooooh, scarily good....
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

slowtiger wrote:Amazing result - although I notice a slight distortion of the head in the turn ... but since I happend to see some minutes of "Boondock" yesterday I'd say this is still over standard in today's TV animation.
Yes, still some fixin to do. I mentioned that on the other lip sync link on the previous page. It is so odd but the stupid eyebrows keep pulling on the left side of the head like there weren't any other bones.

I have like 3 bones in there to lock down his temple but it still pulls. I think it is that bug Genete found.

-vern
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Geez heyvern.

That's quite a dynamic rig you've got there.

EXTREMELY COOL. If you can keep on working like this, you're steps away from making a complete 1 or 2 minute animation, with killer facial poses and possibly the most detailed facial detail I've ever seen in an AS project.

I am VERY curious to see where you go with this. ;)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I may have posted this before but here it is:

http://www.lowrestv.com/animatic.mov

It is a partially completed animatic (the last scene isn't in there) I did back when I was going to use 3D software for this, before I found Moho/AS. I never even got this far rigging the 3D version.

I did this animatic in After Effects. I could do it now in a fraction of the time using AS. I'm hoping the same will apply to the final when I get around to it. The music is a temp track I created myself. I think I need something a bit more techno and James Bond-ish.

He is basically a secret agent in training. Totally incompetent. He keeps failing his missions. Don't ask me why they don't kick him out. I have no idea. Maybe they can't because he knows too much, or his father was a hero in the agency.

Since there is no dialog I need very expressive faces. With this rig I can do some pretty funny and fast facial animation. I really like the flexible stretchy look of this rig. Along with some layer squetch, the skies the limit.

Since the other characters will be the same "style" I should be able to easily and quickly adapt it. There is a total of 6 characters needed and most of those are only seen for a short time from one angle. I need to do a cat for the old lady too.

I was planning on doing a series of them... now I just hope to get one done before I fall over dead of old age. So many ideas, so little time. ;)

-vern
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Awesome stuff, Vern. I'm learning alot just watching this thread. Thanks for sharing so much.

You're the best!!

-g
robj

Post by robj »

So many ideas, so little time
Amen to that ...

... and good work with your characters and animatic; can't wait to see the final product.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Well my rig works pretty good.

I have been working on additional characters.

This guy is basically a revised version of the original so not a lot of bone tweaking was needed.

When I put the beard on him it just worked.

This is one of the "Secret Agent" technicians. He isn't finished as far as bone rigging. I basically just slapped the head onto the original bones, and once again it works... about 90%. A bit of tweaking and it should be almost perfect.

-vern