Backgrounds

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

turminator

Backgrounds

Post by turminator »

Hello!

I'm newbie and now I do this method:

First, I draw my characters with pencil in a paper.
Second, I scan this image and then I import and image layer and draw on with AS

Now I want to do my backgrounds but I don't know how do this.

Which program you recommend for this task?

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola!

Soy nuevo en el mundo de las animaciones y ahora que ya tengo hechos mis personajes me gustaria realizar los fondos de la animación. Los personajes los hacia escaneando una imagen dibujada a lapiz e importandola como image layer y usar después como plantilla.

Con que programa me recomendais que haga los fondos?

Muchas gracias!
Sorry for my bad English.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

You could draw your backgrounds in AS the same way.

Or you could paint them in a paint program like Photoshop or The Gimp or something similar, save as JPG or PNG and import them into AS as an image layer.

-vern
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

I use AS for the backgrounds, but I save the different elements (trees, rocks, etc.) as individual files for later use. This way I can import and combine them to create new backgorunds.

-----------------------------------

Yo uso AS para los fondos, pero guardo los diferentes elementos (árboles, rocas, etc.) para re-usarlos. De esta manera puedo importarlos y combinarlos para crear fondos nuevos.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Indeed, you can create background the same way you create your characters. They can either be vectors, still images or video clips.

Here is a small very rough example of a moving background and a character using images only:

click on image to view video on YouTube
turminator

Post by turminator »

Ok Thanks! The problem that I have when I draw a simple room and I see preview the image (Control+P) don't same that the background that I draw.

I hosted my demo

http://rapidshare.com/files/9917206/room.anme.html

Why happen this?

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gracias por vuestras respuestas! El problema que tengo cuando dibujo las líneas con el programa y luego hago la preview, las lineas no salen iguales. ¿Debo darle formato a cada cosa? ¿Si quiero dar formato a un rectangulo y que el grosor del borde sea el mismo, debo hacerlo a ojo o hay alguna opción mejor?

Muchas gracias!
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

Ok Thanks! The problem that I have when I draw a simple room and I see preview the image (Control+P) don't same that the background that I draw.

Use Render (Control+R) instead of preview...
turminator

Post by turminator »

Ok thanks!

Control+P and Control+R is not the same?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

No, previewing and rendering is not the same, and exporting a single frame with transparency is yet another thing, at least, in the Mac OS X version.

(In the Mac OS X version, if you render a frame with Command R and save as a PNG, BMP or Targa image, transparency will be incorrect. This is a know bug since Moho 5.3, and hasn't been removed yet.)