Moho Animation Contest Entry: 5 (Number 5 Is Alive)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

nobudget

Moho Animation Contest Entry: 5 (Number 5 Is Alive)

Post by nobudget »

You can watch my entry here:

http://www.nobudgetvideo.com/contest.html

Have fun watching and be sure to check out the rest of our new and (hopefully) improved website.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Nice movie, and I appriciate the nice language :wink:

But I think the idea of the contest was to make most of the backgrounds and characters using moho. I think it's a great film, but I'm not sure if i goes along with the rules...

But ofcourse, that up to the jury to decide...

Nice website, by the way!
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

It sounds like rule 2 gives him sufficient lee-way.

"2. You must use Moho for a significant portion of the project. By significant, I mean that the majority of character animation, camera work and SFX (preferably all) be done in Moho. Some exceptions to this would include, importing artwork from external sources (illustrator files, images for backgrounds or cutout/warp animation). "

It really looks terrific, Nobudget.
Dave
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Very nice indeed. It made me smirk a time or two.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

My gut reaction is to allow it for the following reasons.

1. The majority of animation is done in Moho (90 seconds worth according to his website)
2. It shows off some of the niftier things you can do in Moho (including SFX and combining live action and animation).

I'm not weighing in on whether it will win anything, but merely that it does qualify to compete.

-Kdiddy
________
CONCEPT X6 ACTIVEHYBRID
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Thanks for the comments so far, here are some responses:

- Like Hiddicop stated already this animation should be according to the rules. The backgrounds are imported but that IS a Moho feature after all. But the characters were created from the ground up in Moho, no AI or Flash imports and the (attempt at) lip-sync was also done in Moho and not Pamela or Magpie so I think this animation is without a doubt qualified to compete.

- Thanks for the compliments about the website, we like to share our work, inform other filmmakers and make contacts around the world so please refer everyone potentially interested to our site.

- Kdiddy was absolutely right in mentioning the "niftier things". I like to use tools in a different way, think outside of the box. Moho allows for alternate thinking and that's what makes it such a powerful program. One little example is the shot where you see the characters from behind, slightly blurred and dark combined with video. That was done much faster than I imagined possible with the layer rotation tool and layer blur.

- One more thing...about the language...I VERY subtly censored it for all the younsters out there and to NIFTYLY(?) use the switch layers...

Thanks for watching,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Cool entry, fun story and characters. Like the way you used all the tools together to produce the finished product; generates many new ideas.
Muffins

Post by Muffins »

great movie! i love it
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Good movie, funny script and innovative use of Moho. I like the character work, especially some of the facial expressions (the girl did a nice grimace when she was turned down), also the reverse angle shots where you see the characters in silhouette and out of focus against the live action. Well done!

Post by Guest »

Cool. Nice characters, good sound, funny script, and to round it up, an excellent production. I like it.
WillBellJr

Post by WillBellJr »

Wonderful work! I enjoyed it completely!

-Will
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Very professional, excellent videowork and sound,
funny characters, cool done.

Cheers
Nolan

Post by Guest »

Very clear, fun and profesional short.
cheers.
C.BERGOGLIO
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

sorry...I haven´t log in. Guest are CHIO.