How do I make a full-body anime character

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NightmanGX

How do I make a full-body anime character

Post by NightmanGX »

My question is how do you make an anime charecter like the ones that come with AS(Aya and Windsor). Are there any tutorials for making charecters in vector layers? :?: :?: :?:

Please help.
Thx
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I recommend going through the help files and tutorials that come with AS first. This will teach you the basics of layer animation, bones and so on. There are several ways you can animate. You can draw with AS tools -read the tutorials and practice. Or you can import cut up images if you draw them in some other program you are more comfortable with. But first, baby steps and that means reading and doing the simple tutorials and then ask for help as you get stuck.

Best of luck.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
artfx

Post by artfx »

Also it might be worth a bit of time to load up the characters that comw with AS and pick them apart. Look at how they chose to do and place things. Grantged they use image layers, which I don't recommend, but there is still something to be learned from the characters that are there.
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

And picking the brain of some of the more successful animators on this forum (including artfx and GreyKid Pictures) doesn't hurt as well. The first thing you will have to know is how to draw. If you can't draw well, it's no use trying to animate, or analyze the sample files, because you don't know why a character was setup this way.

Unfortunately, I haven't reached that stage yet, so I can't help you at this moment.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Well, while you learn how to draw and animate simple stuff you can also get your jollies by buying a free character or two from some like cartoonsolutions. You can practice rigging it, pratice timing, weight and so on.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
NightmanGX

Post by NightmanGX »

Thx for the help everyone. My goal is to make somthing like the quality in Ninjai: The little Ninja. I'm fairly good at drawing(take a look at my avatar) and have made some rough characters with image layers. I want to use vector layers for my project but I can't draw a lick in AS.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

NightmanGX wrote:I want to use vector layers for my project but I can't draw a lick in AS.
Drawing is drawing not matter what the medium. I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Freehand, Flash, AS Pro and a lot of other programs and the concepts are all the same, just the way you go about drawing differs between the programs. Just start with the first tutorial and go through them all in AS. That will get you aquanted with AS and the way it works, from there your drawing skills will do the rest.
artfx

Post by artfx »

NightmanGX wrote: I want to use vector layers for my project but I can't draw a lick in AS.
I couldn't draw a lick in AS the say I got it, but I learned early on that vector layers was the way to go, so I practiced, and practiced until I could draw right in AS. It's worth it.
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!