Flash swf export

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

desta1972

Flash swf export

Post by desta1972 »

Hi there. I've just almost finished my first animation. Now i'm exporting to swf in order to arrange the different pieces in flash. I have to do so because i need a vectorial output.

The steps i'm following are:

1. I create different scenes into AS. Each scene is a independent AS file.
2. Lipsync with papagayo
3. SWF exporting
4. SWF Importing into Flash
5. Audio Import ito flash and re-sync (I do this because an imported SWF into flash loses any audio information)

Now, there's 2 things i don't understand:

1. Sometimes the swf file originated by AS still contains the audio track, sometimes it does not (I mean the SWF JUST exported, before any further editing). This isn't a big problem, since i'm going to put my audio later again within flash, but still i wonder why this happens...

2. After importing the SWF into Flash, sometimes i get a lot of Symbols in my library (1 Symbol for every AS Shape, I think), sometimes i don't (just groups in my flash timeline).

Can you explain this?

Tahnx
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If you look at your AS layer palette you will sometimes see a red dot in the vector layer "icon".

This red dot indicates that the layer is "optimized" for SWF export. It will export as flash symbols.

If you don't have a red dot on the vector layer, the layer will export as frame by frame individual elements (much larger SWF).

AS can export sound for use in Flash but it needs to be MP3 format.

I don't do a lot of SWF export so I don't know all the ins and outs for optimizing vectors in AS. There is a section of the help files under: Reference/Flash tips that covers a lot of this and also there should be some posts here that address this topic if you do a search on the forum.

-vern
desta1972

Post by desta1972 »

Thank you for your reply!
Now I understand the meaning of those red dots! I was considering writing a post about that!

The problem is that I never did anything like "optimize for flash", neither i can't figure out where to find this option... I can't find it In Layer Settings, so... where???

And about the mp3-thing: the problem is that papagayo only accept WAV (doesn't it?) files, and that's the reason why I used to import the same WAV in AS too, causing soudless SWF files.

But I've got a new question? What's the difference between importing a new soundtrack from the "File" menu and selecting it under the "Animation" menu?

Regards.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There is no "optimize for flash button" or option. (I thought the same thing when I first used Moho).

It is the way you animate the layers.

The help file I mentioned describes this. If you do layer transformation, 3D stuff, use point motion, or bones etc, the vectors won't be "optimized". There is no way to "optimize" the layer after the fact.

You must not transform individual points or mess around with layer stuff for animation to keep vectors optimized.

I don't think there is any difference in how you select a soundtrack file. Just two ways to do the same thing.

-vern
desta1972

Post by desta1972 »

got it. I think U can only do the following transformations in the timeline, without making the red dot disappear:

Layer translation
Layer rotation
Layer scaling

Any other transformation in time causes a "morphing" effect that makes Flash unable to use that shape as a Graphic Symbol.

Thank you!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Mind you, in Moho 5.3, you'll need to import a MP3 file if you want to export to SWF, which is not audible in Moho. In Anime Studio, you'll need to import a WAV file (MP3 is no longer supported, at least, not on my Mac). I think that is an improvement.
cribble

Post by cribble »

Use all the layer tools minus any sort of 3D rotation (espeically those perspective tools).

Also you might want to think about exporting layers instead of the whole scene. Because this makes it easier to find which layer is causing the trouble with files size and also makes it easier to break it out of a symbol (so it makes optimizing in flash a whole lot easier).
--Scott
cribble.net
desta1972

Post by desta1972 »

cribble wrote:Also you might want to think about exporting layers instead of the whole scene. Because this makes it easier to find which layer is causing the trouble with files size and also makes it easier to break it out of a symbol (so it makes optimizing in flash a whole lot easier).
That's a brilliant idea! Thank you cribble!