importing Anime Studio SWFs with text into Flash

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

luftbuefel

importing Anime Studio SWFs with text into Flash

Post by luftbuefel »

I'm having some problems when I import an Anime Studio SWF into Flash, namely the text created in Anime Studio does not import (except for the first letter). For example I have a name tag that says "Betty" but when I import it into Flash, it just says "B". Anyone know a fix for this.

Normally I would use the loadMovie command in Flash (which works much better with Anime Studio SWFs) but for what I am doing I cannot do this. Thanks for any help.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Try to check if "Create one fill" is selected in text dialoge window.
Perhaps this is the problem.
Regards
Genete
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I've had this problem. I leave it to Flash to handle text -- it's much better at it anyway. Once you've typed out your text in AS it's "lost".
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

This happens to me when I try to import too many vectors into Flash at the same time. Are you only importing text or a bunch of other vector graphics with it? If some parts are missing in Flash try to import one layer at a time, or a couple frames at a time.
cribble

Post by cribble »

I have a few tips for this.

+ Reduce points on text - Too many points can confuse AS SWF output and hence you get a bad export.
+ Do the above and use a Flash editor to add the text in manually. Only problem then is that if you use any camera movements, it's going to make life harder.
+ Trace the text with a single line and use the line width to achieve text thickness.

Thats all i can think of. Otherwise, yes, the SWF output is a big bo bo.
--Scott
cribble.net
luftbuefel

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions

Post by luftbuefel »

Thanks everyone for your help. I got it to work by unchecking the create one fill box as was suggested. The render is a little angular but it was easy enough to fix by hand and it certainly beats having to make it all from scratch. Thanks for all your incite.