Video with alpha channel instead of image sequence

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rasheed

Video with alpha channel instead of image sequence

Post by Rasheed »

I was testing if exporting to a 32-bit video format with alpha channel is faster than exporting to a similar 32-bit PNG sequence and importing it as image sequence via the Image Sequence script.

download source: box-001.zip

Well, I used Flash 2.0 on the Mac to export to a PICT image sequence. This complicated matters, because Flash 2.0 doesn't add an extension, and AS doesn't import PICT images. So I had to use the Preview application to convert each file, add an alpha channel, remove the white background using Gimpshop (a fork from The Gimp), and save as PNG file. In short, creating a PNG image sequence was a pain in the ****.

Even if you can export to 32-bit PNGs in a sequence, it is more work than using an 32-bit movie file. So, when you can, use the video export option instead of the image sequence option.

Here's an example in which a part of the animation is a movie file, and another part is made in AS (Moho to be precise).

download source: blob.zip