water and car

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

patrick

water and car

Post by patrick »

Every frame done with switches and seperate images.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_xLtQtm43Q
Last edited by patrick on Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

the link doesn't seem to work for me?
Genete

Post by Genete »

The water effect is good. A bit stressed (so quick)
Small time to evaluate the car (so short). Perhaps you could include a very small rotation of the car (rougtness of the road) to simulate vibrations on it. Then the car's light would be more realistic. Also some fading at the end of the ligth would improve it.

Anyway good shot patrick.

How many image layers have switch one for water?
patrick

Post by patrick »

Genete wrote:The water effect is good. A bit stressed (so quick)
Small time to evaluate the car (so short). Perhaps you could include a very small rotation of the car (rougtness of the road) to simulate vibrations on it. Then the car's light would be more realistic. Also some fading at the end of the ligth would improve it.

Anyway good shot patrick.

How many image layers have switch one for water?
Yeah, the water is a bit quick. I'll experiment with that. I did 200 images, which I have to split up into different switch layers.

The light does fade a little at the end, but it isn't too clear in this clip. I didn't want it too realistic as it is cel animation. I trying for the tradition line and ink over a painted background look.

The car does glide along too smoothly, I'll tweak that when I slow the water down.

Thank you for the feedback.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

COuld you explain a bit more how you did the water?

It's great, but I can't figure out how you achieved that effect.
Ashe Raven

Post by Ashe Raven »

Basic wave effects in any 3D programme :)
patrick

Post by patrick »

Ashe Raven wrote:Basic wave effects in any 3D programme :)
Yes indeedy. Is nothing clever, but does look nice.
patrick

Post by patrick »

I've slowed down the sea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_xLtQtm43Q

I tried making the car move a little less smoothly, but it was too jarring, so I left it.
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

Hey PATRICK...Excellent Work!....almost makes us seasick....can't wait to see your finished project...All the Best from The HOYBOYS! :D :D
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I think it is a good use of readily available material.

However, I saw there was a problem in the last video in frames 22 trough 24, were the sea (and road) suddenly became somewhat lighter in tone (showing frames 21 - 25):
Image Image Image Image Image

I'm sure it was just a glitch, but you may want to look into this if you want to you this technique in a short animation movie.
patrick

Post by patrick »

HOYBOYS wrote:Hey PATRICK...Excellent Work!....almost makes us seasick....can't wait to see your finished project...All the Best from The HOYBOYS! :D :D
Thanks HOYBOYS.

Don't wait under water for the finished project. It is part of a 2 hour animation....I do like a challenge!

I hope to finish tweaking the 100 second scene that this clip is a part of. Should be any day now, and shows the car a little closer up.
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

WOW!!!..a TWO HOUR ANIMATION...thats longer than the NAPS we have to take every day!!!...YES...You DO LIKE A CHALLENGE!...The biggest challenge WE have is who's going to FART the loudest in our next VIDEO!....Keep us informed!...we want to know when you LAUNCH your NEXT VIDEO!!...we LOVE ANIMATION...and our MEDICATION makes it MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE.....Keep up the GREAT WORK and KEEP 'EM COMING....The HOYBOYS! :D :D
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
patrick

Post by patrick »

Rasheed wrote:I think it is a good use of readily available material.

However, I saw there was a problem in the last video in frames 22 trough 24, were the sea (and road) suddenly became somewhat lighter in tone (showing frames 21 - 25):

I'm sure it was just a glitch, but you may want to look into this if you want to you this technique in a short animation movie.
Rasheed

Thank you for pointing that out (not being sarcastic then either...).

I've looked at the images that make up those frames and they seem consistant, so I suspect it may be a compression thing causing that in the film.

I'll keep an eye on it when rendering full size (which I have yet to do).

This is part of a larger project, and I use the technique in a few scenes, never with water again though (mainly to allow character to move through 3d sets). So obviously I want it to look right.
Last edited by patrick on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrick

Post by patrick »

HOYBOYS wrote:WOW!!!..a TWO HOUR ANIMATION...thats longer than the NAPS we have to take every day!!!...YES...You DO LIKE A CHALLENGE!...The biggest challenge WE have is who's going to FART the loudest in our next VIDEO!....Keep us informed!...we want to know when you LAUNCH your NEXT VIDEO!!...we LOVE ANIMATION...and our MEDICATION makes it MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE.....Keep up the GREAT WORK and KEEP 'EM COMING....The HOYBOYS! :D :D
It's been 2 years in the making so far already. I have a script I love and all the sets (about 60) modelled in 3d.

I originally had most the characters done in Poser, but have always wanted to do cel animation style stuff, so when Anime Studio 5 was released (I'd never heard of Moho :? ) I decided to go for it.

Thanks for the encouragement, I suspect I'll need it before this is all done!
Genete

Post by Genete »

Now is better in my opnion. See is less stressed. Good stuff patrick!!
Ansious to watch more!. The car promises, but animation is so short.
Cheer up!!