New to the forum but not to animation...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Brent Lowrie

New to the forum but not to animation...

Post by Brent Lowrie »

Hi all,

I am new to the forum (although not new to Moho/AS) and would like to introduce myself here so I can add a link to my website and "share my work" as it were.

My name is Brent and I have been in the animation and graphic arts industries for well over 17 years. I started my animation career as an indetweener at Walt Disney Animation Canada just prior to graduating from Vancouver Film School. In my three and a half years there I was lucky enough to move from tweening to assisting on some feature length, television and direct-to-home productions. These included sequels to Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Pocahontas, a Winnie the Pooh telelvision show and a Mickey Mouse Christmas DVD. All a great learning experience but absolutely grueling work.

When Disney shutdown the Canadian studios due to "a soft direct-to-home market" (poor boys only made $24 billion profit that year), I did some storyboard work before moving to Calgary to work at an interactive studio where I created the look and feel of www.wonderville.ca along with the majority of the 3D assets and game design.

Now I work as a freelance animator and illustrator in Brandon, Manitoba for clients around the world and I am having so much fun... miss having a team around me though... that's where my wife and kids come in. :-)

Take a few minutes and check out some of my work at www.brentlowrie.com. It hasn't been updated in a while as I have had the good fortune to be a busy lad.

I look forward to using Anime Studio Pro to take my 2D animation to a whole new level of fun and efficiency. I hope to chat with yo all on the forums. Cheers!
Brent Lowrie
Anomaly Animation Studios
www.anomalyanimation.com
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

i too am scottish but i still reside in the land of drizzle

good to hear another numpty on the board
Brent Lowrie

Post by Brent Lowrie »

Cheers, thanks dreeko13. I'm of Scots descent actually. My Grandmother was from Aberdeen and my Da's side from Laurieston (sp) area and Ireland, as was my Ma (Kinshella).
Brent Lowrie
www.anomalyanimation.com
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

Hi Brent,

What a marvelous website you have.
I really enjoyed your illustrations and character-designs, they’re just beautiful,
and your animation- and lip-sync skills are extraordinary, such a pleasure to watch.

Did you do the “voiceover” yourself as well ?

I am really looking forward to hear more of your knowledge, experience
and creative ideas.

Cheers
Nolan
idragosani

Re: New to the forum but not to animation...

Post by idragosani »

Brent Lowrie wrote: My name is Brent and I have been in the animation and graphic arts industries for well over 17 years. I started my animation career as an indetweener at Walt Disney Animation Canada just prior to graduating from Vancouver Film School. In my three and a half years there I was lucky enough to move from tweening to assisting on some feature length, television and direct-to-home productions. These included sequels to Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Pocahontas, a Winnie the Pooh telelvision show and a Mickey Mouse Christmas DVD. All a great learning experience but absolutely grueling work.
Hey Brent, you might want to check out http://www.animaticus.com , started up by Tony White, if you haven't yet... the website itself doesn't have a whole lot yet (and mostly Flash... meh), but check out the forum... lot of former Disney animators have been congregating there, and lots of discussion about equipment and projects (and even some talk about Moho/Anime Studio!)
Last edited by idragosani on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
Anime Studio Pro 8.1 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 11.04 : Cintiq 12wx
Brent Lowrie

Post by Brent Lowrie »

Thanks Nolan, I appreciate the positive feedback.

I did the voices of the two movie theatre ushers in the CIFF spot. The vast majority of the other voice work I only cast and/or directed. I hope to have the time to give and seek critique. My freelance business has been quite busy lately. I am hoping for a breather in a couple weeks to start working on my AS stuff again.

I want to get on some 10 Second Club exercises too. The site is down after a maliscious attack but that shouldn't stop me from finding my own clips. 10 seconds is an awful lot of animation at times...

Thanks again.
Brent Lowrie
www.anomalyanimation.com
Brent Lowrie

Post by Brent Lowrie »

Cool, thanks idragosani. I had a quick peek and will have to visit longer next time... I'm working late to meet a milestone for Wednesday... 28 seconds of 3D animation in two days... ouch. Thank God for re-use and Biped.

Cheers!
Brent Lowrie
www.anomalyanimation.com
Rasheed

Re: New to the forum but not to animation...

Post by Rasheed »

idragosani wrote:http://www.animaticus.com,
Note: That should be http://www.animaticus.com/ , without the attached comma.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Impressive work!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Brent Lowrie

Post by Brent Lowrie »

Thanks everyone! I hope to post some new tests in AS in the coming weeks. Cheers!
Brent Lowrie
www.anomalyanimation.com
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I am glad we have another productive animator on the forum. I can't wait to see your test animations, Brent!
Last edited by Rasheed on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Hi Brent, cool and imaginitive work on your site. Look forward to seeing more and it particular to see what you do with Moho/AnimeStudio.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Brent Lowrie

Post by Brent Lowrie »

Cheers guys, good to be here. Thanks for the kind words. I am hoping to get my website updated with some work I have done in the last few months. Most of my work lately has been on as-yet-to-be-released product so I haven't been able to post samples.

I really need to do some of my own stuff as client work is sometimes creatively constrained and not always chicken soup for this artist's soul.

I find I don't have tons of time to participate in the forums I belong to but I am trying to commit some time each day to reaching out... it's tough to work in the vacuum that is freelance.
Brent Lowrie
www.anomalyanimation.com