DrEddie’s “Basic Anime Studio 2D Animation” Class -- Nov 5

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dreddie

DrEddie’s “Basic Anime Studio 2D Animation” Class -- Nov 5

Post by dreddie »

Hello Everyone,

I hope you don't mind my posting this again. My current class has 18 students and they have been making some truly great animations.

If you are a beginner in MOHO or ANIME STUDIO, I think you would enjoy the Class. My Next Class begins on November 5th. Class is only $20 for 6 weeks of Internet Instruction. I hope I see you in there.

DrEddie

DrEddie’s “Basic Anime Studio 2D Animation” Class

Why study Anime Studio? Because this program is simple, fast, and fun! A Free Demo of Anime Studio will be used in Class. It puts a Watermark on all output. But if you purchase Anime Studio later, you can output your work without the Watermark.

Formerly know as MOHO, Basic Anime Studio is now available for $50. The Pro Version is $200. My Class is only $20 for 6 weeks of Internet instruction. It is based on the Pro Version. When you see what MOHO can do, you will be amazed at the low price.

Within three weeks of owning Anime Studio, I created Pirate Ships, smoking Volcanos, Flying Birds, UFOs in space, Alien Cities, an Underwater Scenes with fish, seaweed, and a shark. You will learn how to animate your own creations! You will only be limited by your imagination!

“Basic Anime Studio 2D Animation” will cover the Fundamentals of Animation. You will create Simple Scenes and learn how to animate them. You will learn all you need to create your own Animations. This will be an Adventure. It’s an incredible feeling to see something you have created come to life and move!

You will take a single Frame and turn it into an Action Scene. You will learn to make Vector Objects for animation. How to color them and add special effects. I will show you how to store Elements in one project and how to retrieve them in another so you don’t have to “redraw the same object” again. You will learn how to make your own Animation Library.

I will show you how to create a Character. How to add Bones for animation. How to animate the character. You will work with Key Frames so you can easily change the Timing of any element in your animation. Does it sound exciting? It is!

The skills you learn in Anime Studio will help you go on to 3D animation, if you wish. Why not just study a 3D program? Because 3D is complex, time consuming, and confusing for Beginners! Anime Studio is so much easier and faster. It gives you a great Foundation for Animation.

If you are like me, you have stories you want to tell now! You don’t want to spend months or years learning a program. Tell your stories now! Anime Studio can help you do that. Any Animation Program takes time, but Anime Studio is the simplest I have found so far. It is fast and fun! I recommend at least a 1 GigaHertz computer or better for any animation work.

All Classes from the Eclectic Academy are only $20 for 6 weeks of instruction. For more about DrEddie’s “Basic Anime Studio 2D Animation”, click on these addresses:

www.eclecticacademy.com or
www.eclecticacademy.com/newclasses.htm#basicMOHO

For more info about Anime Studio, click here: www.lostmarble.com and www.e-frontier.com

I hope to see you in the Anime Studio Class!

DrEddie
patrick

Post by patrick »

Is there anywhere we can see the work your previous students have created? To give us an idea of what level this course will get us to?
MikeHart

Post by MikeHart »

What projects did you worked on before you started teaching?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

A respected online Animation School like Animation Mentor will part you from more than 14K USD for a 18 month online course. That's roughly 1100 USD for 6 weeks. So don't expect too much for those 20 USD.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i'm teacher of a free animestudio course (moho, actually).
i don't know if my students should expect somehting.
i like this kind of things for free.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

selgin wrote:i like this kind of things for free.
IOW you pay out of your own pocket, with either free time, that you could have used otherwise, or not doing a payed gig while you're teaching. Of course, teaching has its own merrits, especially if it's for young or underprivileged people (or both). OTOH if people are easily able to pay a fee, they really should. We do it all the time on this forum. You give some advice and I give some advice in return.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

This class just looks like it just teaches the basics of Moho/Anime Studio in terms of how to use the features like bones, timelines, etc. What it doesn't seem to teach are the basic concepts of 2D animation like squash and stretch, anticipation, walks, etc.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
Anime Studio Pro 8.1 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 11.04 : Cintiq 12wx
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

There goes the "great Foundation for Animation" out of the window. The best foundation for character animation are drawing and knowing how to rig a model, not using a specific program. The first things you have to learn in animation is walk cycles, definitely walk cycles. Not just normal walks, but all kinds of walks. You can tell a lot from a character's walk. It is a basic skill for character animation. And head turns, of course, although you don't see them so often anymore. But you need to know how to do 'em, in case you have to use 'em.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Rasheed wrote:There goes the "great Foundation for Animation" out of the window. The best foundation for character animation are drawing and knowing how to rig a model, not using a specific program. The first things you have to learn in animation is walk cycles, definitely walk cycles. Not just normal walks, but all kinds of walks. You can tell a lot from a character's walk. It is a basic skill for character animation. And head turns, of course, although you don't see them so often anymore. But you need to know how to do 'em, in case you have to use 'em.
Yep... if you wanna learn 2D animation, aside from paying 5 figures for a trade school, best places to start are books by such master animators like Preston Blair, Tony White and Richard Williams. The principles they teach apply to 2D traditional, 2D vector and 3D as well.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
Anime Studio Pro 8.1 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 11.04 : Cintiq 12wx
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Hi. If this is the same guy that ingie mentioned then he was satisfied. People not only learn differently but may have different goals when they buy AS. So even if the course is not everyone, it is likely good for some people. As for free or fee, free is great but there's room enough for both. I've paid for some Excellent Flash content at cartoonsolutions.com and don't regret the few dollars spent for work that saved me some hair pulling.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi!

bupaje wrote: If this is the same guy that ingie mentioned then he was satisfied.

It is the same, I'm studying there right now, I'm on my 5 lesson and for my goals I'm satisfied with the class.
You're right, it's nothing about "squash and stretch, anticipation, walks, etc." at least not yet (there's only one lesson left)
For me it is most valueable to join a class where you can share tips and tricks with the others, making the same lesson.
If you're interested in what I have made so far during this class take a look here and I think you can imagine what it is all about.
http://www.musikboden.se/other%20projec ... asses.html

regards ulrik
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Ah, well, questions answered. This teacher is the real deal and it is a hands on course, like he claimed it to be. So this might be just worth those 20 USD for those who want to get to use Moho/Anime Studio real soon.
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Ooops, missed this post....
Oh,yes he is the real deal. Happy to see ulrik has tried it out.
A great method for learning but not for all. Check out my previous posts under chit chat.
Oh,yeah, I didn't come anywhere near the examples of ulrik. Great stuff Ulrik!
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
toulouse2k

Ulric a question.

Post by toulouse2k »

Ulric, what was your level of expertise before you began the course? You work is pretty darn good. Are all the things I see covered (ie. particles, masks etc.) or did you throw these to make a better production? Basically, what I'm asking is, how much of what you do in these clips are actually learned in the course? I'll probably drop my $20 on the counter if most of the things I see are covered. Time is my chief constraint (isn't that true for everyone), I am also trying to learn Blender....I wish someone gave a course in that.
ulrik

Re: Ulric a question.

Post by ulrik »

toulouse2k wrote:Ulric, what was your level of expertise before you began the course? You work is pretty darn good. Are all the things I see covered (ie. particles, masks etc.) or did you throw these to make a better production? Basically, what I'm asking is, how much of what you do in these clips are actually learned in the course? I'll probably drop my $20 on the counter if most of the things I see are covered. Time is my chief constraint (isn't that true for everyone), I am also trying to learn Blender....I wish someone gave a course in that. I did see he gave a 3D course and even included the software...I wonder if you can keep it after the class.
Toulouse!
No not everything you see is covered, the stuff I added after is particles, masking (masking was not covered by the original course, it was discussed in class though, and it was/is in the class a lot of tip and tricks came up to discussion where also DrEddie participiated)
There were no camera movements included but I think it will be included in this last lesson where we also will be making a pirate waving his hand
The course is basic stuff like: working with points, shapes, styles, style effects, bones, movements (not any human walk cycles, at least not yet, I still have one more lesson to do and I haven't yet seen it....soo)
We worked with images as backgrounds, no cutout stuff, created buildings, shapes in shapes, rotation, translation, cycle keyframes, transparency for making effects, like the smoke and fire from the vulcano. Gradients, splotschy and spots effects...ohh, I feel this is a lot to cover here and I don't think I will do justice to the course just trying to cover all we've been through.
I can say, from my point of view, for me it's been very inspiring to work through the tutorials and at the same time have a chance to talk to my classmates and Eddie, and also be able to watch all other students examples.
I don't know if there is something written about, what exactly, the course is covering, I don't think I have seen such a document.
I will give Dr.Eddie a note about this and maybe he'll be able to make such a document to post here?
I think that would be the best way to do.

ulrik