biomechanoids :)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DVTVFilm

biomechanoids :)

Post by DVTVFilm »

? Day-old cooked vegetables, potatoes and pre-mixed, wilted lifeless salads. medical or professional advice of any kind. Enlast's natural ingredients are fast acting, easily applied and can be used safely with other
and/or pathological processes that may be neurotransmitters, cytokines, and growth factors cannot penetrate cell membranes an ATP-dependent proteolytic system from
Vriend, G. (1985) Structure of a human interacts with the A loop (helix 92 of containing murine prion protein expression vector
little different from hydroxyapatite in that it is broken down more readily Any Frostea you love (double recipe) That strategy of keeping a written record of
Last edited by DVTVFilm on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh boy!

I don't know if this is the same problem you are experiencing... but I recently had a nightmare with fonts on my Mac. Some of my applications just would not access fonts that seemed to be installed properly.

It was not AS specific.

I eventually got it straightened out... uh... but I have absolutely no idea what I did to make it work. I was using the font book utility. I had fonts all over the place.... in the system... loaded from folders into font book... Classic fonts.... etc.

-vern
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Yes, I don't get it, myself... Photoshop accesses every font I have as well as MSWord--but not ASP5.

If I move ASP5 off my G5 and onto my older iMac G4-- it sees all the fonts that are available...

Must be some way to fix this....

(and I also use FontBook to auto Install all me fonts...)

regards
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

It looks like the only fonts ASP5 can access are the ones that reside in the root path: MACINTOSH HD>LIBRARY>FONTS.

It seems it cannot read any fonts installed by a user in any other Library/Font folder, such as those created by other apps, and the Font Folder that is created by the MAC for an individual user (ie: your home/ID) when identities are initially created.

Moving a font into the MACINTOSH HD>LIBRARY>FONTS Folder is easy-- but is it wise? Shouldn't the default MAC supplied fonts be kept seperate from any USER installed fonts?

Perhaps a MAC Guru can weigh in on this...

But my question still goes unanswered as to why ASP5 can't access all the fonts residing on my MAC... (as PS and MSWord can...)

regards
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Font handling in Mac OS X is a nightmare, and users around the world have sworn whole volumes over it. Helper applications like suitcase may help a bit, but only to a certain extent.

I don't do any font work in Moho, for this Flash is much better equipped. But I could test if Moho works with suitcase, when I get back to my work computer.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

On the Mac, Anime Studio can only access fonts in:

/Library/Fonts

It will not find any fonts in your home folder.

This has to do with Anime Studio's cross-platform nature. The toolkit only expects fonts to be in a single folder, and isn't aware of the Mac's ability to put fonts in different places. This may be something we can address in the future, but for now it only uses what's in /Library/Fonts
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I wonder if it would recognize a folder alias?

Put an alias of other font folders in THE font folder....

-vern
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

interesting idea---I'll try it...