Tuto 5.7 : about Inchworm

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

marima

Tuto 5.7 : about Inchworm

Post by marima »

1- Filling with colour :
In the style window, I've choosen a new style, a new name (inchworm), and a new colour (green).
Then, I drew my first inchworm, with auto-fill, auto-weld and so on But When I wanted to fill with colour, il's the by default color that appears...

2- Timeline : my worm works, but I only see the onionskin ...

Could you help me?

Thanks.
jeff

Post by jeff »

First, select the default colour fill of your worm with the "select" tool (shortcut "Q"). It will show a sort of texture to indicate it has been selected. (To do this, point at the middle of the drawing).

Next, find the menu on the right of the screen that says "Applied styles". In the first box under that, you'll see the word "none", meaning there are no styles applied yet. Click on the little down arrow and it will offer you a list of existing styles. Select the one you want (I guess you will just see one, called "inchworm"). The colour of your inchworm should change to green.

From now on, any change to the style you make will be shown in your character.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Hi marima,
2) timeline: Have you done the right click on switchlayer to make the inchworm-layer active?
Maybe you want to have a look at my tutorial, where I do the 5.7 tutorial:
http://www.e-frontier.com/article/artic ... 952/1/812/

Hope it helps!

Jimmy
marima

tuto 5.7-Inchworm

Post by marima »

Thanks to Jeff and Jimmy for your help.
marima

Tuto 5.7 : inchworm...

Post by marima »

jeff wrote:First, select the default colour fill of your worm with the "select" tool (shortcut "Q"). It will show a sort of texture to indicate it has been selected. (To do this, point at the middle of the drawing).
What is the select tool? I'm on mac and the shortcut Q doesn't work. What do you mean by "a sort of texture"?
jeff wrote:Next, find the menu on the right of the screen that says "Applied styles". In the first box under that, you'll see the word "none", meaning there are no styles applied yet. Click on the little down arrow and it will offer you a list of existing styles. Select the one you want (I guess you will just see one, called "inchworm"). The colour of your inchworm should change to green. From now on, any change to the style you make will be shown in your character.
When I clicked on "applied styles", I only find "none" written and nothing else...
So here's is what I did :
- I clicked on "styles"-> "style 1 " , I wrote : green 1 and took one green in the swatches box.
-Then I clicked on "styles"->style 2, and choose another green, "green 2"
But now, I cannot activate the applied styles

I really have problems with filling and outline.
For example : I click on a green colour in the default panel. I do get the green.
But if I click on the line colour checkbox : the color picker appears. Is there not any possibility to pick up the outline colour directly in the swatches panel?)
because if I want to keep in memory those colours, how to do?
marima

Post by marima »

Jimmy wrote:Hi marima,
2) timeline: Have you done the right click on switchlayer to make the inchworm-layer active?
Maybe you want to have a look at my tutorial, where I do the 5.7 tutorial:
http://www.e-frontier.com/article/artic ... 952/1/812/

Hope it helps!

Jimmy
No... I did not. Thanks : it works!
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Hi marima,
For example : I click on a green colour in the default panel. I do get the green.
But if I click on the line colour checkbox : the color picker appears. Is there not any possibility to pick up the outline colour directly in the swatches panel?)

In swatches panel: left click for fill color and right click for outline color.

If you want to copy a fill color from the color picker window: see the # and a combination of 6 numbers and letters? CTRL +C this number-letter combination open the color picker for the outline and CTRL+V this combination in the # field.

Jimmy