My sorry excuse for an update

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AcouSvnt

My sorry excuse for an update

Post by AcouSvnt »

I know I've been one of the most gung-ho scripting cheerleaders in this bunch, and you would think that in the past couple of weeks I'd have been tinkering with it like crazy. But the sad truth is, this beta release has coincided with my return to work from vacation, not to mention extra hours every day. The free time I do have at the moment is spent working on a little C++ program for dealing with beats and tempo changes in .wav files. I know there are some things like this out there already, but they're not exactly what I'm looking for. So I'm kind of immersed in that for now.

One thing I want to do, when I get to moho scripting, is to "generate" characters from a long list of physical properties they have; those properties could be constrained depending on the overall kind of thing I want, and the idea is to be able to generate whole crowds or populations of characters in a scene, doing things in sync, but none of them looking like cookie-cutter carbon copies of one another.

I want to randomize every possible aspect of a character, right down to the shine in its pupils ... should it be a round shine? A triangular cut-out? Blurry/clear? None? How big relative to the size of the pupil?

Before I even begin to touch scripting itself, I want to start making a list of all these possible attribuites.

Like I said, though, my focus is on something else at the moment ...
-Keith
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sounds very cool - I can't wait to see what you come up with.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

sounds similar to some guy made for a blender plugin, basically it took a standard mesh and people could make modifers to it, worked really well!
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Sounds awesome. Would this be a kind of plug and play kind of script? What I mean is, would we be able to take your script and point it at our drawings and run it? Or would we have to use your drawings?

In any event, it sounds really great!
________
ULTIMATE FIGHTER
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

I don't know how it would work from the user's standpoint. I'm going to have to do a lot of playing around and experimenting. Hopefully I can come up with some simplistic version that gives you the general idea, then you can throw additional ideas my way.
-Keith