Remove startup project and imports?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Remove startup project and imports?

Post by rylleman »

How do you set up Anime Studio to startup with a blank project instead of that ugly manga character?

The import menu is now cluttered with a lot of clip art with the real import commands at the bootm of the list. How do I get rid of those?
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

The startup project can be found in the folder called Startup in your Anime Studio installation folder. Simply replace it with a blank project.

The import menu can be emptied by removing the contents of the Library folder, also placed in the Anime Studio installation folder. You could also put projects here that you often import, which is rather nice.
relik

Post by relik »

Blank project is fairly easy.

All you need to do is create a single blank layer, then delete the other layers. You have to have at least one layer in order for the others to be deleted.

Then save the file into the Startup folder with the name StartupFile.anme-which overwrites the existing start-up settings. You can also use this to set default options for frame size, rate, and number of frames, and preserve anything else in project settings. Additionally you can add "stock" layers or whatever you want.

As far as the menu goes, I'm still trying to figure that out. Frankly it may not be possible to change that function if it's been added to the code. -R
relik

Post by relik »

Cool info on the library function. Nice to know.-R
Manu

Post by Manu »

If you simply empty the Startup folder, that will do the trick too.

Even better, keep using Moho for now.
Advandages:

- Cross-platform license.
- Less cluttered menu's. Not a single new item in the menu's is of any serious use (Buy content? If that manga character is anything to go by...no)
- No splash-screen, so faster startup.
- Files can still be opened up in Anime Studio at a later date if the reasons to switch become compelling.

Disadvantages:

- none
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

I figured that, thank you guys.
I just thought that for a lot of people it would be convenient to have an option in moho, sorry anime studio, to use a blank startup project and not display the cliparts.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Manu wrote: Even better, keep using Moho for now.
Advandages:

- Cross-platform license.
- Less cluttered menu's. Not a single new item in the menu's is of any serious use (Buy content? If that manga character is anything to go by...no)
- No splash-screen, so faster startup.
- Files can still be opened up in Anime Studio at a later date if the reasons to switch become compelling.

Disadvantages:

- none
I am. At least until I start the next project. I never do any major updates in the middle of a project.
Now I've got both installed, working on Moho, tested AS-pro.
relik

Post by relik »

To me there's a big advantage to having a start-up project with my defaults set and a standard length (most of my cuts are around 5 seconds).

That saves about five minutes to open and configure a new project, and five minutes is five minutes.

I came to this after it was rebranded, but have to say it's a sweet little app. No, as far as I know the release under the new name is not "new", but maybe it means there's going to be more revenue options for future development, and a wider community of support.

If it goes anything like Poser the "content" is liable to attract some really creative and talented folks. I wouldn't judge the initial offerings too harshly. -R
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I renamed an .anme file into .moho and could open it in Moho 5.3.1. The file format doesn't seem to have changed very much as well.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Rasheed wrote:I renamed an .anme file into .moho and could open it in Moho 5.3.1. The file format doesn't seem to have changed very much as well.
Thanks! That was going to be my next test... :-)

jorgy