Importing .avi's (Please help me!)

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Cartoon Colin

Importing .avi's (Please help me!)

Post by Cartoon Colin »

I'm trying to make a video where I record myself with a camera then put an animated cartoon face over my own- so it's like a living cartoon (with a real body.)

But!

When you import .avi's to Moho, the soundtrack is taken away. How do you import the video with the soundtrack too? If it's not possible, I'd like for it to be added in the next update because not being able to do this is very aggravating.

Thank you, your help is appreciated.
Sure, that's what HE said.
myles

Post by myles »

Hello Colin,

Moho currently only supports a single discrete .wav file as a soundtrack. So, save the soundtrack from your .avi as a separate .wav file using whatever software you use to edit .avi files, then import that as the soundtrack (under the Animation menu).

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Cartoon Colin

Post by Cartoon Colin »

How do I extract the soundtrack from the .AVI?
Sure, that's what HE said.
relik

Post by relik »

Depends on the video editing/capturing software you have available. Most of them will let you export "audio only" as WAV type file (or AIFF in case of the Mac). Alternatively most capture systems have an option to capture only video, or only audio, meaning you'd capture from your camera twice-with one pass for the video track and one for the audio track.

If you can tell me a bit more about the system you are on and the software you are using I may be able to give you more concrete advice. Note that I don't have access to Macs, but I know a couple folks who do and they may be able to help out. -R