Copy styles from one character to another

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PixelDust

Copy styles from one character to another

Post by PixelDust »

I don't know if this has already been covered somewhere else...

Here's how I copied the styles from a finished character to another character. This is useful for creating a front and side view of the same character.

I imported the completed character that I want to copy styles from into the file where I want to create my new character.

Then when I started drawing my new character, I just chose the styles from the completed character, which were available in the Styles palette. The styles should still be available on the new character even after you delete the old one.

Make sure it's at frame zero! The first time I tried this, I started drawing the new character at frame 3. Bad idea. :cry:

Anyway, I did notice one glitch. The style name is sometimes wider than the pop-up window allows, so the first letters are cut off. Maybe something to look at for a later version.

Edit I found out later I could widen the style window so that the names fit. :oops: So, forget that last part...