How do we (Moho Customers) get our AnimeStudio?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BA

How do we (Moho Customers) get our AnimeStudio?

Post by BA »

As existing Moho customers, we'll take good care of you. You'll get the newly named Anime Studio Professional version, free. The new version also includes additional content, so make sure you download your copy right away when it’s available. If you haven't used Moho for a while, this is the time to pick it up again. We'll also offer previous Moho users special deals on e frontier titles, so if you have ever been interested in Manga Studio, Poser, Shade or any other e frontier titles, you should revisit those too. We’ll provide you with the details on that soon.
Ok, now that Anime Studio is available, us Moho users are eager to get our hands on it and check it out. So, how do we get our copies? I hope eFrontier stays true to its promise and doesn't make us wait too long...
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
BA

Post by BA »

ah - perhaps i got ahead of myself... i got all excited seeing Ramon's link below, but further investigation reveals that it's not actually available just yet. i guess they're just in the process of putting it up on the site.

the question remains, though...
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Seems pretty simple to me...

Anime Studio would be a download from... somewhere... here... or where ever...

It would be linked to the serial number you have from the original purchase of Moho.

Since Moho won't be sold anymore after that point new purchasers would be buying Anime Studio.

Not much different then downloading and installing v5.4.

It says in the announcement to download it as soon as it's available. It may not even be quite... done yet.

-vern
Celeryhart

Post by Celeryhart »

Frankly I don't like Anime Studio or the name and ignored it as a potential program.... it is way too teeny bopper and such god awful little movies... at least in my opinion..... They are like the bad Japanese horror movies... not well done. Then I heard of Moho.... and like it alot. Also it isn't phoney looking like Bryce and Poser make the characters look... although that could easily be because those programs are way above me.
I need the KISS theory... and so do most people. Satisfy the masses not the select few.

I"ll probably get banned for saying this... but it's how I feel.

I want to know why in the H*** the name has to be changed. Moho is a great name, clean, interesting and no history or stigma attached to it.

For them to say that the survery indicated the name Anime Studio was more popular ... goes without saying.... !!!! Back in the 1920's if you had mentioned typewritter along with computer... which one do you think would have been more popular and recognizable...??
Well, no one had heard of a computer back then..!! My point exactly.
How long has Moho been out..?? How long has Anime Studio been out..?
So why is it surprising that the name Anime Studio was more familiar.. ?? Duh... !

MOHO is a much better name.... if they have to merge... let the name MOHO be the dominate name. Is this merge really going to make Moho a better program..??
Anime Studio can be it's baby nickname... but as an all grown up program.. Moho gets my vote... !!! Course I realized nobody asked me. :lol:

And don't even suggest racial prejudice or I"ll scream. :shock:

Will I use Anime Studio ... ?? Who knows... but I know I"ll use Moho. I will always associate Anime Studio with those funky little characters. As cute as some of them can be... it's not for me.. !!

Sincerely,
A newbie who should probably shut her mouth... !! But alas I have to call it the way I see it. Maybe I need to go and read more posts.

Celeryhart
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Your post gave an impression... that I think I may be missunderstanding...

Anime Studio is a "new name" for the "new product" that use to be Moho.

Anime Studio never existed until Moho was teamed up with efrontier. This is the new name for Moho.

There was no "Anime Studio" until now.

Manga Studio however... has been around and gotten lots of good press.
Manga Studio has not suffered from the name... even though it isn't specific to any type of use.

I never really knew that Manga was a style of drawing until I first heard about that application and then did some research.

The original comic books were never called "Manga"... yet technically... they would fit into that arena.

The name won't change the application.

-vern
Celeryhart

Post by Celeryhart »

Oh dear, well leave it to me to screw it up eh..?? Now then why do I get that weird feeling when I hear the word Anime Studio. Are you sure it is new..??
Or is it those little spooky characters that are throwing me a curve. Look at them... they are very well drawn and some are down right darling.. but this is what I think of when I hear the word Anime and it's not what I want to do.

http://www.advancedanime.com/thumbnails.php?g=3

On second thought, why don't I just shut up till I know more about it. Now you're talking Manga..?? :shock: Oh lord, not another program. What does it have to do with Moho..? Guess I"d better google it too eh..?

I hope my post didn't give a "bad" impression. I"m just questioning.
It's just that I"ve only recently met Moho and I feel it is being taken away from me...and turned into something I"m not crazy about ( kinda like being orphaned like those bones...lolo.. )

Well, I have enough to worry about just getting thru these tuts and such. I signed up for those online classes so that should help me and keep me out of your hair somewhat. :D

I guess I"m too old to think comic books and anime characters.. I just wanna see things move.. !! :wink:

Celeryhart
GoChris1

Post by GoChris1 »

Relax Celeryhart,

With Moho and Anime Studio you can do any kind of art you like.
The program will not automatically turn your art into one style or another.
Look at the Moho gallery - there are several art styles there. And if you
want to animate photographs, Moho/Anime Studio will do that too.

Really! All this fuss over one little word...

GoChris
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Psst... CeleryHart... psst... psst...

.... shhhh.... don't tell anyone... but I hate anime too... but I love Moho... uh... I mean Anime Studio.
;)

Just to be clear... that page you showed is just one "branch" or specific "type" of anime... anime is... "bigger" than that particular style... many things these days are called "anime" that 10 or 15 years ago would not have been called anime. There are now... subsets of "anime" with their own names.

And there are arguments WITHIN the anime fan base that discuss... what is the "true" anime style... <sigh> apparently there are "rules" about the purist form of anime... at least... that's what I've heard... I have no idea.

I don't give a flying fig to be honest... apparently I "stumbled" into a sort of "anime-ish" style on my own without knowing it... even though I despise the "traditional" anime styles out there. I was probably influenced by certain artists whose styles I liked.

-vern
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Hi CeleryHart,

You know maybe i am as old (or older??) as you are but i do like anime.
However i really prefer the what is labeled as retro anime.

I also disagreed with the title at first (being on of those who did the first questionnaire).

I actually chose (out of their selection) Animetion Studio..

BUT.. oh well

In fact, i was thinking "Anime Studio" was going to be a license of Retas (which is also by celsys - who makes Comicstudio (MangaStudio)

However, Anime Studio it will be then..so be it.

Its still the same software you love but with a new name.

As someone else mentioned somewhere else, The name fits in with their other titles.

I wish them both the best of luck and look forward to an advancement in Moho / Anime Studio's development.
AllenC

RE: Your Posted Link

Post by AllenC »

Celeryhart,

I never got into anime all that much either. That being said I took the liberty of looking at the link you posted and I'll be damned if I don't think I've just fallen in love...second row middle pic: http://www.advancedanime.com/thumbnails.php?g=3 LOL

Relax, the new name for Moho has no more to do with changing your style than if you purchased a number two pencil and called it something else.

Welcome to Moho/Anime Studio, Celeryhart!

AllenC

P.S. Too many popups and such on that link...gave my defense programs a fit! LOL!
Celeryhart

Post by Celeryhart »

Oh you guys are too funny.... !!! And AllanC... you are just a dirty old man...!! I went and saw that little twirp you fell in love with and she's just flaunting her "booty".... !!! For shame.. get thee to a nunnery!!! :oops: :oops:

I know , I know.. I shouldn't get all bent out of shape because of a name. But Moho just sat well in my mouth and I liked saying it. Vern, your secret is safe with me !!!! :wink: Maybe I shouldn't give a flying fig either and que sera, sera but if I "think it" I usually have to "say it" and at least get it off my chest. Not that I expect things to change but just to voice an opinion. I guess it's called "freedom of speach" :roll: and as long as no one is attacked that's what a forum is for... right..??

GoChris1......sorry if you think I"m making a "fuss" but I"m just stating an opinion. To me it's like having a beautiful baby and then naming it "Puke" Just doesn't fit... !! But I"ll have to adapt and thats the end of that story... ! :(

Patmals.... you got to vote on a name..? I've been so consumed with SwishMax that I've not paid any attention to other programs. Was the option to keep the name Moho given? Also, I betcha "I"m" the oldest one on this forum.

Well, I"m sure the moderators will close this topic post haste... but at least I know I'm not the only one.

Now I need to go learn Moho ( it will always be Moho to me ) Hey Allen you can snag those little anime characters and trace it in Moho... then you will always have your little darlin close... :lol:

Speaking of the devil.... Look at this folks... !!!

http://www.e-frontier.com/article/artic ... 3?sbss=793

Celeryhart
AllenC

LOL Celeryhart!!!

Post by AllenC »

Celeryhart,
And AllanC... you are just a dirty old man...!! I went and saw that little twirp you fell in love with and she's just flaunting her "booty".... !!! For shame.. get thee to a nunnery!!!
Some nuns are sexy too! Just messing with ya, Celeryhart. All in good fun. I'm 40, by the way.

Back to the topic, I'm glad to see e-frontier has someting up on their site about Anime Studio Pro...hope the release is forthcoming very soon!

Peace,
AllenC
http://www.cartersfolly.com/moho/moho.html
Celeryhart

Post by Celeryhart »

Yep... all in good fun. I just assume everybody has a sense of humor but in reality I know better.
Incidentally, I've got 21 yrs on ya.... !!! You're just a spring chicken.... kiddo :lol:

Hey ... what do you know about art programs? I"M just looking at Art Rage2 which looks interesting and is cheap enough. I have Coral Painter which I find hard to use. I am no professional so I just need something down and dirty to fiddle with.
Actually , if truth be told , I don't need one more program on my poor puter....
I click the START, all programs and bingo... my screen is totally full of all the programs... seriously it is rediculous. But I just can't part with any of them... !!
I"m confused... I keep reading about people drawing in one program and then bringing it into Moho... huh..?? Why not just start in Moho..

Is it cause they want a painted looking background or something..? God, I need to concentrate on one thing at a time. I need to defrag my brain... instead of taxing it with more program learnin" Sheesh... what a fool.

I just brought a big jpg into Moho and want to resize it so it fits the screen. I can't even figure out how to do that.... !!!! I selected the translate layer tool... and nada... !!

I"m hopeless... !!!

Celeryhart
AllenC

Not Hopeless

Post by AllenC »

Celeryhart,

For drawing and photo editing programs try the links Moho has provided here, under image editing: http://www.lostmarble.com/links.shtml The Gimp and Dogwaffle are FREE!

For drawing I tend to use the tools in Moho because I like them. The little Avatar of my head on the left was drawn in Moho, rendered as .bmp, resized in an old photo editing program, and then assembled as a .gif in Animation Shop 3 (which came with my purchase of Paint Shop Pro 8 a couple of years ago).

Many people use Adobe Illustrator for drawing because that is what they learned and are comfortable with. I've never tried it.

Sometimes I draw with the pixel based program Procreate Painter Classic that came as free software with the Wacom Graphire3 4x5 Pen and Tablet that I use (still available for about $99). After saving the sketches I've made they are imported as tracing images in Moho where I fine tune them as I manually change them over to vector images.

Although I majored in Art before dropping out of Uni back in the mid 80s, I've been away from drawing for quite some time. I understand the confusion about which program to use since there are so many and things have changed so much. They didn't teach digital graphics much back then and coming back to this years later, even as a hobbiest, can be rather daunting. I guess finding the program you are comfortable with and keeping it as long as it works is good advice. When you need to do something that your current program can't handle then maybe it is time to move on to something new. I still use a bundle of software called Webtricity by the now nonexistent company Micrografx.

Best of luck, don't get too frustrated...

...Oh, and as for me being a "spring chicken" I thought you said I was a dirty old man? I guess, if truth be told, I'm a dirty minded middle aged man! So lets just keep it that way for now! LOL

AllenC
http://www.cartersfolly.com/moho/moho.html
Celeryhart

Post by Celeryhart »

You know what... I'm right back to tut 1 in Moho... Lord above I jump around like a Schizophrenic on valium..... I must stop that.. !!

I don't need anymore drawing or photo editing programs.. believe me!
Actually my program of choice is PSP 9.... yes, I have Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator and God knows what else... but my puter is on 24/7 and I always have PSP open ... a copy of SwishMax open.... and now Moho to boot....( sometimes several windows of Swish open at the same time.. ) actually I've got Coral Painter open as we speak too.

I understand the bitmap and resizing you mentioned... but I don't understand this part though.
and then assembled as a .gif in Animation Shop 3
do you make two copies of the drawing in Moho .. one with the eyebrows down and one with them up... and then animate it in animation shop... OR... what am I missing..?

My friend Arizona Kate, who writes PSP tuts... has mentioned this before too.... and I guess I"ve been so involved with Swish since 2001 that I've not paid that any attention. If I want something to move... I do it in Swish.

Hummm.... I guess the terms spring chicken and dirtly old man are a bit contradictory eh...??? Did I mention Schizophrenic ??? :lol: :lol:
Ok. back to my tut's.. !!

Celeryhart