Delete Gradient animation?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Manu

Delete Gradient animation?

Post by Manu »

Much to my surprise, it is possible to animate the angle and the colours of a gradient fill. But it doesn't create any keyframes, or rather, there isn't a channel for it in the timeline. Clearing all animation from the document doesn't get rid of the keyframes either. Does anybody know a way to handle these issues? Any scripts that might help?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This is a bit of roundabout but it works... sort of... it aint a perfect solution. It should be better.

This is what I do...

Make a style. Create the gradient you like.

Copy the style (don't assign it to a shape. Click the COPY button on the style).

PASTE the style on the shape you want to animate... if you don't like the animation... worse case scenario you past it back in thus erassing the gradient animation.

This won't allow for editing individual key frames for the gradient changes.

This... isn't perfect... but at least... if you have your colors set up nicely in your original gradient they aren't completely lost.

-vern
Manu

Post by Manu »

Thanks, but I think I'll end up using a little bitmap with a gradient to be masked into the shape. Much easier that way.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yes Manu... I agree...

I never thought of doing that before... it seems to me that's a great workaround considering how... "forgiving" a small photoshopped gradient could be as far as resolution... wouldn't have to be huge... no hard edges to pixelate...

-vern
Manu

Post by Manu »

and remember that PNG's can contain transparency, so your gradient can be a flat colour that fades off.