MOHO MIRAGE and LightWave animation test

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gabe

MOHO MIRAGE and LightWave animation test

Post by Gabe »

Hello Everybody,
I'm new in this forum. I started to try some experiments with MOHO, Mirage and LightWave and here's the link of my first animation test.

www.protopage.com/gabepublic

:D
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Looks nice -- but I always thought animation moved...? (All I could see was a still image)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

WOWOMGROFLMAOBBQLOL

i mean wow great work!!!!
Gabe

Post by Gabe »

jahnocli wrote:Looks nice -- but I always thought animation moved...? (All I could see was a still image)

Dear jahnpcli,

In the protopage click in "Test Animation MOHO-LIGHTWAVE-MIRAGE" under My Videos's Window. You will resend to the video.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYW5AYvHZE0

Salute.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ha ha! That was great! But if you want criticism...the tiger lacked weight -- looked like he was floating above the ground. And the pink devil thing could have moved more (it was funny when he moved his head backwards and forwards in a "funky" fashion, for instance).

Overall though, a really nice piece of work. Keep it coming!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Gabe

Post by Gabe »

jahnocli wrote:Ha ha! That was great! But if you want criticism...the tiger lacked weight -- looked like he was floating above the ground. And the pink devil thing could have moved more (it was funny when he moved his head backwards and forwards in a "funky" fashion, for instance).

Overall though, a really nice piece of work. Keep it coming!

You're right!. It was only a test. The walk is hardly floating because I used a QuikckTime 15 fps file as background from my natural shaking handcam (next time I will use Boujou to track the cam) and no shadows applied to it. And The devil, I agree with you. It needs more moves. The focus of the test was the "look" melting Moho-Mirage and LW.
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Just a thought...

If you're already using Mirage for things like rotoscoping, you might want to try getting your hands on a copy of Shake. Apple recently dropped the price to $499 from the original $3000 price tag.

If I remember correctly, the software has tools in it for image stabilization through pixel tracking, along with several other goodies that could prove useful for animation.
8==8 Bones 8==8