Bone rigged "reusable" hands

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Bone rigged "reusable" hands

Post by heyvern »

I have been working on some hands I can use for some of my characters.

http://www.lowrestv.com/moho_stuff/hands.mov

So I boned all the fingers rigged it up and can load it in a project and just "blend" it in to the arms or if neccesarry connect it.

I have found that the copy bones scripts work fantastic. I can even copy the bones from my hand file into the main bones of the character if needed... I have found it is easier to focus on the animation of the hands in their own bone folder though.

I plan to give this file and some other hands to efrontier for Anime Studio once I finish tweaking them.

-vern
dekka

Post by dekka »

hi vern,
any chance of seeing the moho file for this, i have been thinking about doing it like this and it would be nice to see how you do it.
thanks in advance
rock on'
by the way your cartton babes looks really good. i agree with you the arms needs to be taken care of as it distracts from the facial animation and the dialogue. anyway.
keep it up
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

That does look very well done.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Thanks for the comments...

As for making this file available... I want to give this to efrontier for possible inclusion with Anime Studio... so... I am going to hold off for now.

If they do use it... you will get it! If they don't use it... you will get it! Sounds like a win win to me. ;)

Basically I used region binding, fan bones and a LOT of bone offset and constraints... a bit of point binding... it looks awful on frame 0. All the fingers are "disconnected" and spread out. ;)

-vern
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Nicely done hand! :wink: