Lookout Flash!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Lookout Flash!

Post by DK »

Wow. Congratulations to you Mike on your deal with Efrontier. I hope it all goes well for you. Moho is and has always been a brilliant program. Lookout Flash :)

Cheers
D.K
Sequent

Post by Sequent »

EFrontier? Is this true? I don't see that anything has been announced yet.

If true... congratulations, Mike. I think Moho and EFrontier will be a good fit.

Best of luck for continued and even better success!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...ARRRGH!!! :x I'm MAD of happy! :D Just I've read the info right now and I can't belive it yet! I've been waiting for this moment so time... Oh, a Professional Moho version, it sound SoOo well!!! Realy I can't wait to know more details about it! Well, now I must go to work :( , I hope know more soon or... even when I returns? :) Uf... I think this will be a very loooong day... Well, SEE YOU LATER! And of course my CONGRATULATIONS and best whises to Lost Marble and the new Moho/Anime studio program and people, CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Can someone post the link please - I cannot find the reference to the news bulletin.

TIA

Rhoel
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

Rhoel wrote:Can someone post the link please - I cannot find the reference to the news bulletin.
TIA
Rhoel
Dear Moho fans,

If you've recently visited the Moho user forum, you may have realized that we are working on a new release of Moho. I am very happy to tell you that we are, however this next release is unlike any other we have ever put together. So please read on!

I am hoping to launch Moho into the mainstream market soon. In realizing this dream, I knew I couldn't do it all myself, so I’ve been working with e frontier America, the publishers of Poser, Shade, & Manga Studio, to help give Moho the lift it needs for a broader market. So far working with e frontier, I'm convinced they can match the Moho technology and their industry knowledge to help reach our goals. Just think, soon you may be able to find Moho in resellers near you!

Together we are working closely together to bring more recognition to the Moho technology and animation worldwide. In doing so, there will be some exciting changes to the program that I want to tell you about.

First, we're creating 2 versions of the software. One will be a "lighter" version of the existing software so new, entry level users with a digital lifestyle, who are interested in making their own short animations can get a quicker start into all the fun we're already having. Think of all the people that want to make their own cartoons, or cutout South Park like shorts because they're hooked on that program. Or can you imagine someone doing a Jib-Jab style animation to roast a friend on their birthday? What a riot! You get the idea.

We will also release a "professional" version, which will be similar to the software that's currently available from my site, except it includes additional content which really helps get you started on new projects. Thanks to everyone that has contributed and provided us with content. If you’d like to contribute some of your artwork, we’ll take your .moho files of your animations or characters and will include it in the new program. We’ll obviously give you credit for all your work!

Second, we also plan to rename the Moho software to Anime Studio. Anime means animation in Japanese of course. The name change alone will bring more recognition to the fact that its animation software. To support that, our market research proved people understand the new name, and the Anime Studio name itself was the most popular name in our name survey.

As existing Moho customers, we'll take good care of you. You'll get the newly named Anime Studio Professional version, free. The new version also includes additional content, so make sure you download your copy right away when it’s available. If you haven't used Moho for a while, this is the time to pick it up again. We'll also offer previous Moho users special deals on e frontier titles, so if you have ever been interested in Manga Studio, Poser, Shade or any other e frontier titles, you should revisit those too. We’ll provide you with the details on that soon. The LostMarble forums will remain the same for the time being and I hope that you will welcome all of our new users that will visit us. So stay tuned you’ll notice some new changes to the site.

Obviously this is a big challenge for myself and e frontier, and we'll definitely benefit from your encouragement, suggestions and evangelism to help spread the word and introduce Anime Studio to the rest of the world! And before we do spread the news on Anime Studio to the world in a few weeks time with an official press release, I wanted to share this information with you first. So please make sure to keep it within our Moho community.

Thanks for supporting Moho, and I look forward to you supporting Anime Studio too, your comments are very much appreciated!

Mike Clifton
Lost Marble & e frontier
Manu

Post by Manu »

Was this send out as an email?
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

Manu wrote:Was this send out as an email?

yes
Haki

Post by Haki »

Wow! Sounds really promising! I'm curious about it!!
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Awesome! This is a great thing for Moho...i mean Anime Studio..:)

Dan :wink:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
Postality

Post by Postality »

Hmmm, okay so the PRO version is going to be something like what we have now with added content, and there's going to be a "basic" version as well...

Interesting, and changing the name to Anime Studio is a good move, moho sounds like you're calling someone a bad word in internet lingo.

My questions here are WHEN will it be available, and HOW MUCH is it going to be?

Also, I don't want to see moho's ease of use changed, added features is a definate bonus, but after using it so long I don't want to have to learn it all over again because efrontier decides to change everything around and keep just the concept of it.

I welcome efrontier though, they've done some pretty nice work themselves.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, change the name, but not the fine product!!!

Mike won't let us down, he's been solid in customer relations so I have faith in him.

I wonder if I'm going to have to redo all my video tutorial now to fit the new name and product... :shock:
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
gochris

e-frontier - lots of opportunity

Post by gochris »

e frontier is a good company, with good tech support, and I'm sure this will be good for all of the Moho/Anime Studio community.

Actually, e frontier had a booth at Comic Con in San Diego last week, and they had post cards for Anime Studio on their table. At the time, I picked up the postcard and read the info on the back and thought "This sure seems a lot like Moho." So I mentioned Moho to them, and how I was a user...

They brought over Fahim, the marketing Manager for Anime Studio, and he was a REAL nice guy. He admitted that yes, Anime Studio will be a new version of Moho. I promised to stay silent about it until they made their announcement - only a week or so away.

He told me about their plans to include Moho content with Anime Studio. If you know e-frontier's product Poser, you know there is a huge user base for it. There are people making money creating 3-D content for Poser and putting it up for sale on sites like Content Paradise.com and others. I would love to see a site where people put up pre rigged Moho characters - complete with turnarounds. Anyone who is enterprising could probably start making content: characters, scenery, props, tutorials...
even writing a book, like the Secrets of Poser Character Creation by B.L. Render.

But most importantly, Fahim seemed to be open to improvements in Moho. At the Con, I asked about a couple of general Moho things, the stuff that keeps popping up on the board: improving the Moho pen tools, a way to get characters to turn around, better sound capability... he listened and said that once the product was launched and out there they'd want to see what they could do to give customers what they want. I am being deliberately vauge here because the point is that he listened to what I had to say and had a lot of respect for the Moho community.

I've been using Poser for years, and it is a lot of fun. I can't wait to see Anime Studio. If you are going to be in Boston this week, go check them out at Siggraph. Mike might even be there.

GoChris
PixelDust

Post by PixelDust »

Wow - I had no idea all this was going on! I thought the name Fahim was familiar and wondered if it was the same Fahim from the e-frontier forums. I guess it is!

Now that Moho is going to be Anime Studio, will it still be a spline based drawing program, and will there be other drawing and coloring tools included? Will it still use bones?

Also, thanks for allowing current users to upgrade for free - that's very generous!

Anyway, congratulations!
Sequent

Post by Sequent »

Cool, it IS official then! This is great news because I think Anime Studio will definitely fit well into the Content Paradise community of creative people.

I'm also a Poser user (since v2) and yes... eFrontier is a wonderul company. I'm really excited for LostMarble and for all of us Moho users. I think this is going to be a great ride!

Oh... and yeah... Anime Studio will be a great name.

:D :D :D
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

a parenthesis:
hey!
mike likes gabriel garcía márquez!
i'm doubly happy.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Great news!
I'm sure this is the right direction to go for Moho, getting it more well knows aound the studios.
One thing I don't like is the new name, Anime Studio. Since anime is japanese animation, more often than not very bad series, the name suggests that the new software is for creating anime style animation only which for Moho at least is far from true, anime style animation has been quite scarce on this forum.
What's wrong with the name Moho?