People just excited about the contest

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

toonteach

Post by toonteach »

Sounds like a great idea! I have been teaching Flash animation to my graphics students, but have been learning Moho myself. I would like to switch from flash to Moho, but we have Imacs running os 9.1. I do a small demo of Moho to the class and show the students how to download a free trial, as most have PCs at home. I will present this challenge to them. I like this program a lot, it makes animation fun!
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

cool toonteach, you wont find moho will entirley replace flash but they make an awsome team!
thedoc

I'm so ready for it.

Post by thedoc »

I have started preparations for the contest and i'm so in love with MOHO 5... truly lovely work
toonteach

Flash Moho

Post by toonteach »

Yeah, I am starting to see that Flash and Moho might fit nicely together. I find that many of my students get frustrated by the difficulty in learning flash and end up hating animation (That is the last thing I want!). I have found they are impressed by the results that can be acheived with moho. I think using the two programs in conjunction is a great idea. For the Mac guys out there, Moho, Flash and I-movie might be a nice, fairly inexspencive way to make some nice animations. My students where very impressed by the samples on this site. There are a lot of great animators out there! Keep up the good work! :D
thedoc

yes... truly

Post by thedoc »

toonteach wrote: I like this program a lot, it makes animation fun!
I feel the same way, I just upgraded from 4.6 to 5.0 and i cant understand how i lived without it? The new features are outta this world!

Automatic bone binding? automatic lip sync? bone strength? Actions? wow! this is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sonygod

Post by sonygod »

Automatic bone binding? automatic lip sync? bone strength? Actions? wow! this is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
????
no ,I don't think so

I lilke these ,but I think it's difficulty to make hair movement if use Automatic bone binding,or other method?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Actually, if you draw the different parts of the character (and that can include hair) on separate layers within a Bone layer you can set it up so the automatic bone binding won't affect parts you don't want it to. After drawing all of you character, translate all of the various layers you don't want affected by their respective bones away from each other. If you don't want your characters hair, for example, to be deformed by any of the rest of the bodies bones when using the automatic Flexi-binding, use the Traslate tool to move it to another part of the screen, a bit away from other parts. The same for any other parts you only want affected by their "own" bones.

Okay, now you're figure looks like it's been blown up, but that's fine. This is when you set up you're bones. Add you're bones where they should be under you're scattered individual parts. Then you use the Offset Bone tool to move the bones, and all the shapes now attached to them, back where they belong. Now, it seems like the bones (and their bone strength) still think they are far apart and don't affect each others objects much. Which is pretty handy. So as long as you keep the bone's parent-child relationships proper, you could add a whole slew of bones to control the hair and still not have them mess with the shape of the head (or anything else) as long as they weren't too close together when you first add the bones. And you still get the advantages of the automatic bone binding.

Okay, just wanted to check and mak sure, you can also do this the same way if you wan't to draw you're characters parts as different objects in one vector layer and then move them. I just like to put them in different layers , makes it easier for me to keep track of them..

When I first heard about it, I thought I was going to hate the default flexi-binding, but after using the Bone Strength and Bone Offset tools enough, I'm sold. Even though I still use the old-style binding points to bones for picky bits like bones in individual fingers, I think the way it is now is one on the best things about the new version. Well, there's a ton of great things, but I like it a lot

Sorry, not really the spot for a technical discussion, but I thought it would be worth pointing out. Really should start compiling some of the more useful bits of info on the working details of Moho 5 that aren't covered in the docs into the so far empty FAQ spot here.

--Brian
mick

moho5

Post by mick »

WHERE THE @#*% DO I FIND A TUTORIAL OR INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???????!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!?????? :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:
mick

Post by mick »

EH EH?
mick

Post by mick »

i guesse i probly shouldn't of posted that here. srry :wink:
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Mick, there's a tutorial describing this process in the Moho 5 manual. Select Help from the Help menu to bring up the manual. Tutorial 3.4 describes setting up a character that is split apart in multiple layers.

However, if you're new to Moho, please read the basic tutorials first, since the later ones assume you've learned the basic techniques.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

If you're familiar with any other animation program like Flash or After Effects, I imagine you can breeze through the tutorials in a couple of hours. Moho really is pretty straight forward once you've gotten the basics under control (one of the many reasons we love it).
________
FERRARI 312P SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScottR

Moho Contest

Post by ScottR »

I started out learning Photoshop about 2 years ago working mostly with photo retouching and manipulation, then some family matters came up and I had to turn my attentions to other things.

Recently, I have found an interest in Flash and while looking for some tutorials I came across Moho. I was impressed with the features Moho offered such as bones, particles, and most of all camera movement plus the 3D possibilities that Flash didn't offer.

I'm new to Moho and I'm still going through the tutorials that came with the demo. I tried searching for tut's on the web but found there are very few to be found.

While I was studying Photoshop my best inspiration came from a site called Retouch Pro where Photoshop challenges were posted for people to test there skills and learn new skills from others. There were no prizes but, the challenges provided inspirational creativity and learning experiences that could prove to be more valuable than any prizes.

I like to see prizes offered in promotional contests don't get me wrong there but, I would like to see this forum maybe post some challenges on a regular basis that would tantilize the creative juices in everyone.

I don't think that I will be able to enter this contest but I will still work with the theme based challenge to further my knowledge of Moho.

Thanks for such a wonderful product.

ScottR
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

I think the intent is to have a new contest at the end of each contest. They may not all have prizes, that's at the discretion of Lost Marble.

I agree that having an ongoing contest, even if it's a simple as recreating a shot from a movie, a specific effect, or something as abstract as the "5" idea, is a great way of increasing the user knowledge base.
________
UGGS