How to cut off the rounded corners of nodes? Then make fingers using nodes.

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

How to cut off the rounded corners of nodes? Then make fingers using nodes.

Post by 570295535 »

Hi Guys, I watched this video and I don't understand the principle behind it. It cuts off the rounded corners of nodes, allowing them to achieve layer like functionality. How do I write a script to cut off the rounded corners of nodes?

The effect shown in Figure 1 below is the default single layer node for Moho, with the folded areas hidden. If you use two layers of nodes, it will be the effect shown in Figure 2, with the bottom completely obscured. If you can cut off the upper rounded corners, you can achieve the effect shown in Figure 3. Because it is only a node, dragging and posing is more convenient and resource consumption is lower. If you use multiple layers to achieve the effect shown in Figure 3, resource consumption is significantly higher, and it is not as convenient as dragging nodes.
Last edited by 570295535 on Thu May 23, 2024 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
hayasidist

Re: How to cut off the rounded corners of nodes? Then make fingers using nodes.

Post by hayasidist »

It looks as though each finger is made up of two stroke-only shapes sharing the same points - the top shape is stroke-only that has the same colour as the "fill" colour on the palm (white); it is narrower than the lower shape - which is also a stroke-only shape that has the same colour as the stroke on the palm (black). The palm shape is then raised to front to cover parts of the finger shapes.

The script seems to be a mechanism to make multiple shapes from the one set of points (Moho does not allow this natively, but there are work-arounds to achieve this).

Re: How to cut off the rounded corners of nodes? Then make fingers using nodes.

Post by 570295535 »

-------------