Stroke width not same at render

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

Re: Stroke width not same at render

Post by Nicohk92 »

I see what you mean.

However I just tested with a simple square on a new file and still gets the bug.

Support got back to me. They admit it's a bug on mac and they filed a report to the devs. They don't know when it can be fixed though...
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Thanks for the news. I'm on a Mac, so I hope it's fixed soon.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

You're on a mac? So you confirm having that same exact issue?
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

No, it's never happened to one of my project files. But I saw it happen to your file when I opened it and did a Preview.

Personally, I can't reproduce your bug outside of your project file. I might be mistaken, but the whole project file seems a disaster, as any new groups and vector layers I make within the project act weird.

By the way, Moho developers are more likely to fix a bug when they can reproduce it independently of a user's file. This helps them rule-out added scripts or a corrupted file as being the cause.

Oh, one more thing. I thought it odd that the spleen stroke was .7 width, as it seemed much thicker. That is NOT what a .7 width looks like on my projects. When I saw the spleen stroke identified as a .7, I thought, "What's going on here? Why is it so thick?"
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Are you on a M1 or later, or the older ones?
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

I have an M1.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Well I just uninstalled Moho completely, wiped out any trace of moho, lost marble, and even smith micro from my libraries etc...
Clean reinstalled, with a new custom folder. I create a brand new file, and still the same bug.

So it's definitely not my particular system or user prefs.

Are you sure on your end if you draw a single square on a new file, turn off scale compensation and try a cmd+R, stroke width looks the same for you?
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Nicohk92 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm Well I just uninstalled Moho completely, wiped out any trace of moho, lost marble, and even smith micro from my libraries etc...
Clean reinstalled, with a new custom folder. I create a brand new file, and still the same bug.

So it's definitely not my particular system or user prefs.
Gasp!
Nicohk92 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm Are you sure on your end if you draw a single square on a new file, turn off scale compensation and try a cmd+R, stroke width looks the same for you?
Okay, I just made a new project file. Scale compensation is ON. I made a rectangle.

When I turn scale compensation OFF, the strokes become thicker in the workspace. When I Preview, what you see is NOT what you get.

With scale compensation ON, what you see is what you get.

I just made a new project file. I turned Scale Compensation OFF, first thing. I made a rectangle.

When I turn scale compensation ON, the strokes get thinner. The Preview is correct.

When I turn the Scale Compensation OFF, the strokes get thicker. The Preview in incorrect at this point. It shows the thinner strokes.

Oh no.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Yep so you have the same bug.

I'm only talking of scale compensation OFF.

Hopefully they fix it soon...