Feet switching from IK to FK after Frame 0

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NaruKiku

Feet switching from IK to FK after Frame 0

Post by NaruKiku »

Good day everyone!
I am having an issue in Moho 14 that has been driving me bonkers after the past 2 weeks. I'm currently trying to rig a character fully for a 180 degree turn from the front view. I have set up all my smart bones and I'm still making little adjustments along the way. My issue as it says in the title is that the rig targets for the lower leg bones switch to FK after Frame Zero for some reason! It works in IK mode while still on Frame Zero though and I've gone through all my smart bones several times to be sure nothing has been set or ticked to conflict with the target bones.
I would really appreciate some help with this as I starting this rig all over again is a process I'd really like to avoid.
Greenlaw

Re: Feet switching from IK to FK after Frame 0

Post by Greenlaw »

That sounds strange. Without seeing your setup, all I can do is guess, but here are some things to try.

If you delete the Target bones, are the limbs now poseable with regular IK, or are they still stuck in FK? In other words, when you move the end of the bone chain, do the bones above rotate with it? If the IK works, try creating new Target bones now.

If IK still doesn't work, do you have another bone branching from inside the IK chain? This will stop IK at this point because Moho doesn't know which bone should control the IK chain. You can use Ignored By IK on this branching bone to allow the other bone to control the IK.