Photoshop psd file layer names are garbled

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mionorz

Photoshop psd file layer names are garbled

Post by mionorz »

Hello. I am using MOHO Pro 14.1. I am a Japanese user.
When I import a psd file that uses Japanese for layer names, the layer names are garbled and many Japanese characters are
"????" etc....

This is very inconvenient for me because I use a large number of layers.

This occurs in each of the following two ways
It occurs in moho files that are exported psd's with the plugin that comes with MOHO.
It also occurs when a psd file is loaded directly into MOHO.

I modified the plugin jsx file to display a warning about the layer name when exporting and checked the exported characters, and it seems that unicode character information is missing. I assume that the garbled characters are finally generated in the MOHO reading process.
Does this occur in other languages?
Are any other users aware of similar issues?
Please share any information you have.

I think I previously contacted you via an official support ticket, but it was before version 12, so it may have been invalidated.
sang820

Re: Photoshop psd file layer names are garbled

Post by sang820 »

:shock: Yes, as a Chinese user, layer names may appear garbled when importing PSD files. I am used to it, and I will rename the layer names in MOHO. The garbled characters seem to be because Japanese and Chinese belong to double bytes, while Latin letters are single bytes.
mionorz

Re: Photoshop psd file layer names are garbled

Post by mionorz »

sang820 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:30 pm :shock: Yes, as a Chinese user, layer names may appear garbled when importing PSD files. I am used to it, and I will rename the layer names in MOHO. The garbled characters seem to be because Japanese and Chinese belong to double bytes, while Latin letters are single bytes.
Thanks for the info! :)

http://suiseikobo.sakura.tv/Tool/ASPTool.html
http://suiseikobo.sakura.tv/work/ASPConv3.zip
I mainly use the old tool "ASPconv V01-02" distributed on this page to convert PSD to PNG and load .anim files into moho. This tool allows me to import layers without garbled characters. I think it will work correctly in Chinese as well, since there is no problem in Japanese.

I hope LostMarble will provide a new script to solve this problem. :?