Camera Layers and Animated Camera Switching

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jeremiahbabers

Camera Layers and Animated Camera Switching

Post by jeremiahbabers »

After effects have multiple cameras and i think moho should as well

it would be cool to have a new layer called "Camera" where you could insert it from the layers panel.
Image Image
then we could have a bounding box(like the "transform layer" tool) when in 3d mode
if there are multiple cameras layers in the layers panel, then there would be an option in the settings(or rightclicking the layer to open the popup menu) to set the current camera to that layer

in 3d mode, kinda like how you see the camera arrow, the active on will be it's default color(lavender) and the inactive ones would be grey.
There should also be a dropdown setting in a tool
switching the current camera would show up in the timeline(the icon design is intentional)
synthsin75

Re: Camera Layers and Animated Camera Switching

Post by synthsin75 »

I've developed something similar, but I haven't had time to get it ready for public release.
I use 3D objects for each camera, and then the Moho camera arrow shows the active camera. You control the cameras using basic layer transform controls.

Right now, you have to be on the camera layer to use it, but I plan to make it usable from any layer, like the native camera tools.
Hopefully I find the time to finish this for public release.
jeremiahbabers

Re: Camera Layers and Animated Camera Switching

Post by jeremiahbabers »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 am I've developed something similar, but I haven't had time to get it ready for public release.
I use 3D objects for each camera, and then the Moho camera arrow shows the active camera. You control the cameras using basic layer transform controls.

Right now, you have to be on the camera layer to use it, but I plan to make it usable from any layer, like the native camera tools.
Hopefully I find the time to finish this for public release.
nice to see it already in developement even if its just a script. Cant wait untill its released :D