Create cycles without the keyframing box popping up?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Reindeer

Create cycles without the keyframing box popping up?

Post by Reindeer »

I found the shortcut to create cycles (ctrl or cmd 9). Regardless of that, the keyframing-cycling window always appears, usually in front of whatever I'm drawing or animating. I have to either move it or close it... till the next cycle. Since most of the time the default cycle is all I need (anyway, the basic cycles are available on the Timeline bar too), I'd like that window to not show up. Is there a way to do this?
Greenlaw

Re: Create cycles without the keyframing box popping up?

Post by Greenlaw »

Any of the modes with the ellipsis in its name will open a window.

What I do is I move the window off to the side and close it, and Moho will remember its position so it's out of the way then next time I invoke it.

Is it not remembering the window position on your system?
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 pm Any of the modes with the ellipsis in its name will open a window.

What I do is I move the window off to the side and close it, and Moho will remember its position so it's out of the way then next time I invoke it.

Is it not remembering the window position on your system?
Ah, I hadn't noticed it remembers its position. Being aware of this is good, thanks.
I'd still love not having it in the way unless I really need it for specific tasks (like absolute/relative cycling, etc). I like Moho's UI, but it's not very customisable, which means the Keyframe box is bound to take up space pretty much wherever it's parked. The ideal situation I think would be to be able to apply cycles on-the-fly, via shortcut, and recall the box only when needed.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I just have the Keyframe details window docked to the timeline, but I have a pretty large monitor so I still have plenty of room. There is a button for that in the timeline window when your going to use it just click it on and when done click it off (not sure if there is a command for it though)
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SuperSGL wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:33 am I just have the Keyframe details window docked to the timeline...
Same here...even on a laptop.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

One alternative is to use the Cycle Keys addon tool: https://mohoscripts.com/script/ss_cycle_keys

It has a slightly different approach to adding Cycles, but equally has no pop-up.

You can add a shortcut via Keyboard Shortcuts.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

SuperSGL wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:33 am I just have the Keyframe details window docked to the timeline, but I have a pretty large monitor so I still have plenty of room. There is a button for that in the timeline window when your going to use it just click it on and when done click it off (not sure if there is a command for it though)
Yes, they are docked to the timeline, but when you choose "cycle" from the drop-down menu on the timeline, it will still open the options box. Which to me is counterintuitive because it implies one is going to tweak every cycle. Except for cycles I need to start from a specific frame or cycles with a specific effect, for the majority "goto frame 2" cycles I find myself closing the box every time (or I just let it take up space – I use a laptop most of the time so it can get cluttered).
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

SimplSam wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:53 am One alternative is to use the Cycle Keys addon tool: https://mohoscripts.com/script/ss_cycle_keys

It has a slightly different approach to adding Cycles, but equally has no pop-up.

You can add a shortcut via Keyboard Shortcuts.
Yes, this looks very much like what I'm aiming at. Thanks!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Reindeer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 pm Yes, they are docked to the timeline, but when you choose "cycle" from the drop-down menu on the timeline, it will still open the options box. Which to me is counterintuitive because it implies one is going to tweak every cycle. Except for cycles I need to start from a specific frame or cycles with a specific effect, for the majority "goto frame 2" cycles I find myself closing the box every time (or I just let it take up space – I use a laptop most of the time so it can get cluttered).
I can't get it to pop up the cycle dialog as long as the keyframe window (Window>Keyframe in the menu) is already open or docked to the timeline.
Cycle can only be selected from either the timeline or keyframe window dropdown when you have a keyframe selected... at least in v14.1. So you'd have to have every keyframe selected to imply you're going to edit every cycle.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:05 pm
Reindeer wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 pm Yes, they are docked to the timeline, but when you choose "cycle" from the drop-down menu on the timeline, it will still open the options box. Which to me is counterintuitive because it implies one is going to tweak every cycle. Except for cycles I need to start from a specific frame or cycles with a specific effect, for the majority "goto frame 2" cycles I find myself closing the box every time (or I just let it take up space – I use a laptop most of the time so it can get cluttered).
I can't get it to pop up the cycle dialog as long as the keyframe window (Window>Keyframe in the menu) is already open or docked to the timeline.
Cycle can only be selected from either the timeline or keyframe window dropdown when you have a keyframe selected... at least in v14.1. So you'd have to have every keyframe selected to imply you're going to edit every cycle.
I can't figure out how to dock it. Some of the box's features are already on the timeline's menu bar (namely, the drop down menu for smooth, linear, bounce, cycles, etc). But on my UI (I'm using 14.1 on a Mac) the dialogue box is either floating or it's closed. No docking that I can find (if I drag it around it doesn't "attach" to any of the windows).
EDIT: there's the K button which opens and closes the dialogue box, but since the box pops up automatically every time I create a cycle and then floats, there's hardly any use for that button (that I can see at least)
Last edited by Reindeer on Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

In the menu: Windows>Docking>Keyframe
Shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:39 pm In the menu: Windows>Docking>Keyframe
Shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F
Aaaah! Of course (shame on me!). Ok, very nice, thank you!