Animation i made for college

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

D.C.I

Animation i made for college

Post by D.C.I »

is a bit cheesey to be honest but thats what they wanted lol in the original he was meant to burn down the house through being traumatised n stuff.
ill save it for the directors cut lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyekqTPPZA0[/url]
D.C.I

Post by D.C.I »

HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

:D EXCELLENT...enjoyed your Animation very much...very nice mood...Keep up the Good WORK and all the best from the HOYBOYS.....JOHN HOY.
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Wow, that is really good. I liked the style a lot. What is the music? I thought the use of the scanned and cutout style animated with moho worked really well.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Looks really good. I also thought the cutout look worked really well with this - I'm guessing that is in large part because you did a great job with the story telling. Thumbs up.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I'm deeply impressed. This film already has a lot what tells a good film from a mediocre one: storytelling, storyboarding, clever editing, and animation only where it's needed ... Is it your first film?

Of course you know best where you need to improve your skills. More drawing training, better use of colour (I myself suck with colour, so it's safe to say this), more dynamics in the movements, and overall a faster pace would be nice. Maybe you're more of a director that an animator? Then you could try to team up with someone else who has a more elaborate style of drawing.

In any case, continue! Talent is rare, and I'm always glad to see it develop.
JCook

Post by JCook »

I don't think it's cheesey at all. I like the style very much. As some others have said, a little more attention to the drawing would improve it, but really I think the drawing is part of its charm and style. I definitely agree that some of the movements could use some more dynamics or emphasis. But overall, I'd give you an A for this. It's very coherent, deeply affecting, and poignant. Well done, I say!

Jack
D.C.I

Post by D.C.I »

The music was just hacked up bits of the edward scissors soundtrack by danny elfman.
Theres still a lot of flaws at places wich i would have rather fixed but it had to be finished by a certain date.
As for the colour it was supposed to be "symbolic" lol theres a lack of colour/happiness in his life etc and the colour later was supposed to contrast this.
there wasnt much i could do with scanned images but i think it did the job.
ill post some of my other stuff soon which is purely with moho.
thanks for the input =D
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

very cool