Bones not working on Frame 1

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Marco

Bones not working on Frame 1

Post by Marco »

I used layer binding for all of the sections of a character to the corresponding bones. I did this process on frame 0. When I use the manipulate bones tool on frame 0 it moves the character fine. When I go to frame 1 the bones move but the character does not. If I go to any other frame after 1 the bones bones work fine moving the character. I tried rigging the character again, twice, and same thing happens.

I don't know what's up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Marco on Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: Bones not working on layer 1

Post by synthsin75 »

On frame zero, the manipulate bone tool can be used from a bone layer's sublayer to test. But on other frames, you must select the bone layer first.

That may be what you're seeing.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Did you accidentally set your animation to begin playing on frame 2?

Weird.

Maybe start a new project file, draw a rectangle, add a root bone and a bone in a bone layer, bind the rectangle layer to the bone and test again. It'll only a minute to set-up, but sometimes reducing a Moho problem to it's simplest form will reveal a solution.
Marco

Post by Marco »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:19 am On frame zero, the manipulate bone tool can be used from a bone layer's sublayer to test. But on other frames, you must select the bone layer first.

That may be what you're seeing.
I am working on the bone layer for animation with the manipulate bone tool. I know I said this is not working on "Layer 1", I meant "Frame 1". I've edited my original message. I'm so used to working in layers on Adobe programs that I completely mangled what I meant to say.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hoptoad wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:44 am Did you accidentally set your animation to begin playing on frame 2?

Weird.

Maybe start a new project file, draw a rectangle, add a root bone and a bone in a bone layer, bind the rectangle layer to the bone and test again. It'll only a minute to set-up, but sometimes reducing a Moho problem to it's simplest form will reveal a solution.
I did that before posting and it did work. But I want to find out if this is just some glitch/weirdness going on just on this specific file or if there is some setting or something that I accidentally switched on or off that is causing it.

Also, I forgot to mention in my original message that I have had this character rig done for a few days and was working fine. Then, today, BOOM! Monkey wrench in the works.
Marco

Re: Bones not working on Frame 1

Post by Marco »

Okay, the problem was that I accidentally moved the green marker in the timeline over one space to frame 2. I moved it back and everything is working fine now.

Thanks everyone for your responses.