Lost Scripts' Shapes Window (**New** BETA 3) for Moho 14.1 Pro

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Lost Scripts' Shapes Window (**New** BETA 3) for Moho 14.1 Pro

Post by Greenlaw »

A little more info about how I'm using Shapes Window today: I have a lot of stacked shapes that share the same points, so I can't directly select many of these shapes in Workspace. But after I named these shapes with sensible names, thanks to Shapes Window, Shapes Window also makes it super easy to edit and manage these shapes and their various Style settings.

I just wanted to bring that up because I keep finding new ways to use this tool. It's the tool that keeps on giving! :D

Keep up the great work, Rai!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Argh! Yes, I can see it now... So, thank you very much for the quick feedback too! And, yeah, although I can't test right now if such behavior is due to the Enter key fix/patch, I'm afraid that will be the case.

But I'm still in almost the same situation, I mean, even though of course I don't like this weird behaviors, pressing the Enter key to confirm text field changes is something one do all the time, meantime these disadvantages (even totally undesirable) are not so often or more more use case specific... Maybe the only midway solution would be to add an "Enter confirms remane" (or so) menu option after all, so one have the chance at least of can avoid the disadvantages while the situation requieres it? Although since confirm with Enter is a so taken-for-granted convention, it's going to be a certainly kind of unexpected option to count with...

But, well, note taken in any case! And thanks again for the detailed report, usage feedback and kind words Dennis! :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for looking into this, Rai!

I hope it's possible to fix this, but the workaround from earlier today worked out fine, and I really only need it when I have a lot of shape names to revise. That shouldn't happen too often (I hope.) :)

BTW, I wondered if I could work around the issue by using the Delete key instead of Backspace, but this has the same problem: pressing Delete will jump the cursor to the end of the text. I wanted to mention this in case it offered another clue.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hopefully! I'd have to prepare a simplest possible sample script to can report it as it should be, since for what I could observe at the time I dug into it, I'd say there is little more we could do on our part, to get a real fix at least... So, as soon as I get some other things done (someday 🙄🤞), I'll try to look into all that again and see...

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:13 am BTW, I wondered if I could work around the issue by using the Delete key instead of Backspace...
Yeah, the very first thing I tried too :lol:, as well as any other possible modifier keys combination... Of course, with no different results :(