Moho color profile

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

Moho color profile

Post by Hoptoad »

Why doesn't Moho ask you to pick a color profile for your artwork? Just curious.
Greenlaw

Re: Moho color profile

Post by Greenlaw »

I wish the color support were more advanced in Moho too.

For now, it's best to stick with 24-bit sRGB to get the most predictable results across platforms. Moho only supports 24-bit color anyway, so it's not that critical. Avoid mporting images with higher bit-depth color because it can have bad results.

This is one of many reasons I composite most of my Moho work in a third-party program like After Effects, Nuke, or Fusion. In my TV work, I often need to use background art with higher bit-depth color, so for Moho, I'll import a reduced-to-24-bit version and use it strictly as a reference. Then, I'll break out the characters and other animated elements using Layer Comps and Moho Exporter. As I assemble everything in the compositing program, I'll then swap the 24-bit background art with the higher bit-depth version.

Hopefully, we'll get support for 48-bit color or higher before too long.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
slowtiger

Re: Moho color profile

Post by slowtiger »

Well, at least on Mac the whole point of colour profiles is moot since none of the available codecs renders with reliable colour information. I'm using a pragmatic approach of "as long as the whole frame looks OK it is OK", and in professional workflows a colour grading pass is included anyway.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5