shotcut for toggle frame 0

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

peng

shotcut for toggle frame 0

Post by peng »

is there a way to set a shortcut for toggle frame 0?
synthsin75

Re: shotcut for toggle frame 0

Post by synthsin75 »

Yes the shortcut you want to change is View>Toggle Frame Zero.
peng

Post by peng »

under keyboard shortcuts > Scroll To drop down menu, which one should i choose?
cause i cannot find the shortcut "toggle frame 0" under the action filter field
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

You got it, Ctrl + Shift + D.
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
peng

Post by peng »

wow nice! thank you very much!
Damon_lai

Post by Damon_lai »

lucasfranca wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:12 am You got it, Ctrl + Shift + D.
I wanna customize this shortcut, but can't find it on the keyboard shortcut setting panel. Is there any way to change it?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

1. Open Edit>Edit Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. In the filter, type Toggle and press enter.
3. Click on Toggle Frame 0.
4. Press the key combo you wish to assign to this command. The shortcut will appear in the right-side box. Moho will warn you if this shortcut is in use. Duplicating shortcuts is fine for some commands, but be aware of potential conflicts.
5. Close the window.

Test the command to see if it works the way you expect it to.

Some Tips...
  • You can't overwrite the default Keyboard Shortcut settings. You need to create a new one by clicking the New button.
  • You can create multiple settings. If you do this, you can switch settings from the Current Settings list.
  • I typically switch to Default to check what shortcuts are standard so I can compare it to what I've changed. This is useful when making tutorial videos, and I want to be sure I'm using a 'stock' shortcut in the tutorial.
  • My MQC tool assigns common shortcuts from Keyboard Shortcut, plus a few custom macros, to a moveable button panel. What's nice about this is: 1.) I don't have to memorize the KB shortcut, 2.) The buttons are easier to see and access than menu commands, 3.) I can move the buttons close the the workspace region I'm working in. If you're running on Windows and would like to try it, you can download it from here: Moho Quick Click (MQC)
Note that one of my buttons is called Design Mode, which is the command now called Toggle Frame 0 in Moho 14.1. In earlier versions of Moho, this button didn't exist in the UI, so I had it on the MQC panel. I may remove it from MQC in favor of another command, but I dunno; it's still nice to be able to move it closer to where I need it.

Copy Layer/Paste Layer are also useful buttons. I only ever use these commands in the Layers Window, and if I keep MQC near the right side of the screen, I don't have to keep mousing to the upper-left side of the screen to use the commands.

I was planning to update MQC specifically for Moho 14.1, but I'll probably wait till the next Moho release. For now, the 13.5 version works fine for Moho 14.1.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damon_lai

Post by Damon_lai »

Thanks, Greenlaw!

Your detailed answer is really inspiring! I figured out that I'm still using a shortcut file created on the old Moho version, so I can't find the "Toggle Frame 0" and some other new actions introduced from Moho 14 on the Keyboard Shortcuts settings panel. Now, I just need to create a new shortcut file on Moho 14 to fix this issue.

On the other hand, it's really great to hear the MQC tool with so many settings covered, and the explanation video is quite clear to follow. And, I wonder if there's a Mac version or a plan for it.

Thanks again! Your answer helps a lot!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Damon_lai wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:59 am Your detailed answer is really inspiring! I figured out that I'm still using a shortcut file created on the old Moho version...
Hi Damon_lai,

This sounds to me like you may have pointed Moho 14.1 to your old content folder (Moho 13.5 or older) when you launched it the first time. I highly recommend that you point it to a new content folder specifically for Moho 14. Doing this ensures that Moho 14.1 is using only its default tools to start, so you can be sure the program is running as it should be. For example, if your old content folder had custom tool mods, these mods can potentially block the new native versions of tools, and you will not be able to use new features of these tools

After creating the new content folder, use Moho 14.1 and try the standard tools first without using custom scripts. Then you can start installing custom scripts to the new content folder. This way, you can test the compatibility of old Moho scripts. In some cases, you may find that an old mod script is no longer necessary.

Tip: I like to make a backup copy of my default folder and my latest modified folder, so when I'm making changes to the current folder, I don't have to worry about messing things up.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damon_lai

Post by Damon_lai »

Yes, I just did what you suggested.
Thanks!