Mesh grid messes with my image

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jkoseattle

Mesh grid messes with my image

Post by Jkoseattle »

I have put a 2D mesh grid on top of an image, and have animated points in the grid and it's working great. However, the grid is causing some parts of the image to not display at all, so there are "gaps" in the image. At first I had a big hole in the middle of the grid, and learned that I needed to check "Both" instead of Stroke or Fill for the mesh shape. That solved that problem, but there are still some gaps in the image. Why is this happening?

I am on 13.5, but I tried it on 14.1 and same problem.
Most of the time I'm doing music stuff. Check me out at http://www.jimofseattle.com/music.

Thing I did for work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgFYGqifLYw
Greenlaw

Re: Mesh grid messes with my image

Post by Greenlaw »

It might have to do with how you are animating the points in the grid. Even though quads are now valid for mesh warping, they don't work for every situation. Try tripling the squares using the Triangulate command and see if that helps. (But make a copy of your project first.)

Note that you can mix and match quads and triangles in a mesh, so if the problem appears only in a few areas, you can probably triple only those squares.

If that doesn't help, maybe there are errors in the construction of the grid.
SimplSam

Re: Mesh grid messes with my image

Post by SimplSam »

There is sometimes a problem with the Triangulate 2D Mesh command when used with a grid - which can leave a pattern of 'holes' in the grid.

What seems to work as a work around - is not to use 'Triangulate 2D Mesh' in those instances. i.e.
- Create your grid
- Assign that Grid/Mesh layer to Image Layer

If you already have a 'broken' mesh, you can:
- Use Shape tool - [Select All] button, and then hit Delete to delete shapes
- Use 'Script' > 'Draw' > 'Fill Quad Mesh'
- Assign that Grid/Mesh layer to Image Layer
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam