Moho 14.1 suddenly cannot be opened

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sang820

Moho 14.1 suddenly cannot be opened

Post by sang820 »

:shock: Moho 14.1 suddenly cannot be opened. It has been deleted and installed 4 times, but this error message always appears :shock:
SimplSam

Re: Moho 14.1 suddenly cannot be opened

Post by SimplSam »

There is an older post with the same error 2023 issue: viewtopic.php?t=33025 .. plus Google may yield some others.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
sang820

Post by sang820 »

SimplSam wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:27 pm There is an older post with the same error 2023 issue: viewtopic.php?t=33025 .. plus Google may yield some others.
:shock: Thank you for your help. I can finally run MOHO14.1 normally. I used the Windows search function to delete all MOHO related files on the C and D drives, and finally I can install and use MOHO. This situation is very rare for me. At one point, I thought the god of moho had abandoned me :cry:
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:!: Once again, error 2023 occurred. I suspect my computer is poisoned, but other software is fine. Only moho works like this, which makes me crash.~~I can only delete moho and reinstall, wish me success~

The error process is as follows:

1. Ask me if I want to specify a user folder.

2- Pop up a dialog box for entering the serial number (just like when I first installed mnoho)

3- I input the serial number to activate.

4-Pop up error 2023 prompt.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

After uninstalling, you might need to delete some hidden files. I know there are files stored here...

C:\ProgramData\Lost Marble\Moho Pro\14

...and here...

C:\Users\[YOUR USER ACCOUNT]\AppData\Roaming\Lost Marble\Moho Pro\14

An uninstaller program like the free Revo Uninstaller should take care of this but check to be sure.

Also, before activating Moho, you should go to the Lost Marble website to recover any 'lost' activations...

https://lostmarble.com/support/
sang820

Post by sang820 »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:32 pm After uninstalling, you might need to delete some hidden files. I know there are files stored here...

...and here...

An uninstaller program like the free Revo Uninstaller should take care of this but check to be sure.

Also, before activating Moho, you should go to the Lost Marble website to recover any 'lost' activations...

:shock: Thank you Greenlaw. I have successfully reinstalled Moho14 once again. Although I purchased the genuine version, it seems like I am using a pirated version, and this feeling is very bad :shock:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Sang,

I should have clarified the reason for manually removing the files. I'm wondering if one or more files in those folders got corrupted, and the Moho Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller aren't able to remove the corrupted data so it can be replaced by the Installer.

I don't know if that's what's happening, but it shouldn't hurt to manually remove the files if they exist after running the uninstaller, and before running the Installer.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:03 pm Hi Sang,

I should have clarified the reason for manually removing the files. I'm wondering if one or more files in those folders got corrupted, and the Moho Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller aren't able to remove the corrupted data so it can be replaced by the Installer.

I don't know if that's what's happening, but it shouldn't hurt to manually remove the files if they exist after running the uninstaller, and before running the Installer.
:shock: Thank you, Greenlaw. Perhaps due to aging, I am no longer keen on understanding everything that happens on my computer, and my shrinking brain resources are only used for animation creation. Thank you for your explanation =)
Vangelis

Post by Vangelis »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:32 pm After uninstalling, you might need to delete some hidden files. I know there are files stored here...

...and here...

Greetings everyone. new to the forum (though I use moho for many years). Greenlaw your a life savior! I was doing that for my 12 version - though I found it strange I could not find a moho hidden file for v.14 (I did not know there would be a lost marble file). I followed your guidance and voila! The installation worked! :D 8) (at a critical point for some of my projects)!
Vangelis

Post by Vangelis »

And another thing I noticed: moho 14 seems to be facing problems mainly with exporting to video. For example, I just tried to preview the animation: the video player did not play it and after a while the program stopped responding and soon my PC froze. And it is not the first time this happened with y 14 version.