Point Draw Tool

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HowlingAbandon

Point Draw Tool

Post by HowlingAbandon »

Hello. I'm new to MoHo 13.5 and I'm very much enjoying it.

That being stated: I come from ADOBE. Not much experience with Flash/Animate but a lot with AfterEffects, illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere... I am used to drawing vectors the ADOBE way.

I enjoy the draw tool in MoHo when I'm roughing things out or going for a certain look... but if I am drawing something sleek and perfect I usually have to delete a bunch of points and fanagle the vector.

Could MoHo offer a secondary drawing tool that lets the drawer:

•hit a point and drag to create the bezier
•then lift the pen/cursor to create more points
•continue the previous steps until done and the shape autowelds

Would be very useful for those with ADOBE experience and who just want to draw a shape with minimal points.

Thoughts?
DigitalDesignDude

Re: Point Draw Tool

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

I agree having such a tool that functions more like the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Animate would be fantastic in Moho.

As I also come from a background of using Adobe apps, I miss the ability to draw vector art like I used to with the Pen Tool which is found in most vector art programs and found Moho's Add Point Tool to be too much of an adjustment for me to effectively draw with.

On the plus side, there is the following Moho Script which provides a tool that's more similar to the pen tool.

https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_curve_tool

It's not a one-to-one recreation of the pen tool, but I hope someday it will have all the same functions as Illustrator's pen tool.