'Little Green Dog Explains' Videos List

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

Re: 'Little Green Dog Explains' Videos List

Post by strider2000 »

Cool :)
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:36 pm ... Little Green Dog Explains is the new name, and, yes, brand new videos are in the works! ...
Great stuff. I have watched a number of your pieces over the years, and they have been very informative, illustrative and well paced.

Out of interest - is there a reason why you don't co-post to YouYube? Just feel you are likely to get a bigger/wider audience over there ...
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for the comments, guys, and that's a good question SimplSam.

I like Vimeo because it's flexible about letting me replace my videos with improved edits while keeping my stats and links. (Like I did last night with the three Explains videos. As a matter of fact, I'll need to do that again after I update the v.o. to reflect the new name,) Vimeo is also faster to upload to than YouTube (well, it is with a subscription anyway,) and they don't insert random commercials in my content. Another perk is the option to sell streaming and downloadable content. I don't expect to get rich from that but maybe it can help pay for some of my personal projects.

That said, since these Explains videos are probably going to remain free, I'll consider putting them on YouTube too. Maybe I'll post a video to Vimeo first so I have the option to tweak it for a couple of weeks, and then upload it to YouTube when I'm pretty sure it's 'final'.

Well, that's all TBD. Right now, I'm just focused on getting these new videos done, and squashing bugs in my workflow so I can be sure to deliver on a schedule. :)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Can't wait! And honestly don't care if its free or paid. Whatever motivates you to make more content.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Whoops! I almost forgot:

MQC has been updated for Moho 13.5! Just download the file again and you will find a new folder in the zip archive called MQC135. Follow the installation instructions used for the previous versions. Note that MQC 13.5 does not add any new features, but it has been updated for compatibility with Moho 13.5. Also note that you cannot use MQC13 for Moho 13.5, you must update to MQC135.

For more info, go to this post: MQC For Moho Pro
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

MQC got a tiny update for Moho 13.5.1. Functionally, it's the same as the one for 13.5, and the only difference is that a Keyboard Shortcuts file based on 13.5.1's defaults has been added, and the 13.5 Keyboard Shortcuts have been cleaned up.

Download it again to get the revised shortcut file, and copy it to the usual place. If you replaced Moho 13.5 with Moho 13.5.1, you only need the 13.5.1 version of the MQC shortcuts.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Here's a troubleshooting tip: If you launch MQC and the panel doesn't appear, it might be floating off-screen. To fix this, first make sure MQC is closed (check the task bar and system tray icons.) Next, open the MQC folder in your Custom Content Folder and delete the file called mqcPos.ini. This is the temp file that holds the position of MQC between sessions. Now, when you launch MQC, it should appear in the center of the current display screen. When you quit MQC, it will save a new mqcPos.ini file with MQC's current screen position.

This happened to me today when I was using my laptop away from home. At home, I normally have the laptop plugged into a docking station with a secondary screen tablet attached, and I run Moho and MQC on the tablet. But when I'm away from home and I don't have the tablet with me, MQC opens on that 'missing' screen. Deleting the mqcPos.ini file gets me going again.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

MQC Troubleshooting tips: If some of the buttons stop working correctly, first check that you have the proper Keyboard settings selected for your version of Moho. If you updated MQC, make sure you also copied over the current keyboard shortcuts file for your version of Moho.

If MQC still misbehaves, check that Classic Point Editing Keyboard Shortcuts is NOT enabled in the Preferences > Tools window.

This latter one bit me today. I must have clicked this option on by accident the other day, and it not only messed up MQC, it messed up my normal drawing routine. Once I disabled this option, everything was fine again. :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

An FYI for anyone using MQC:

I launched MQC on my laptop last night, and it seemed to never open. What was happening was that it was opening off-screen, so I never saw it and couldn't access it. To correct this error, I opened the MQC folder in the Custom Content Folder and deleted the file called mqcPos.ini. When I launched MQC then, it appeared in the center of my screen. In case you're wondering, the mqcPos.ini file keeps track of the position where the panel was last used, and when it's deleted, MQC resets the position to the center of the main display and writes a new file.

What happened in my case was I synced my content folder with a computer that has multiple display screens, where MQC was last used on a secondary display. Since my laptop has only one display, MQC opened there in the 'phantom zone'. :D

Hope this helps anybody running into this issue.

BTW, MQC 13.5 and its shortcuts file work fine with Moho 14.1. Some of the buttons may be obsolete now, so I want to create a 14.1 edition. Will post that version here when it's ready.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, derp...I noticed I already posted about the off-screen issue and fix, nearly a year ago. I guess that last post is a reminder just for me, then. :D