Bone Constrains/Particle Options UI Crash

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jeremiahbabers

Bone Constrains/Particle Options UI Crash

Post by jeremiahbabers »

this doesnt always happen. but when i click off or close the "bone constrains" or "particle options" UI, it just crashes. and THIS TIME, with bone constrains ui open, before i clicked off/close, I anticipated the crash so I tried to ctrl+s it but it didnt let me. so i clicked off and lost all my work. :cry:

I have the .dmp file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e5j48q0y ... 2.dmp/file
Panha

Re: Bone Constrains/Particle Options UI Crash

Post by Panha »

Did you try opening Autosave file in Help menu? You may find your autosave files there. Regarding to the problem, when the problem exist, try these:
1- clear negative keyframes (there is a script for it in Moho script website)
2- try gather media
3- check the name of your layers to see if there are characters that code can't read
4- Click Ctrl+S before you perform any action like clicking on close/off
5- Check your file path, and temporary close other programs
6- Try save the file as previous version.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Looks like you also have some third party scripts installed. You might remove those and see if the crash still happens.
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:07 am Looks like you also have some third party scripts installed. You might remove those and see if the crash still happens.
can the dmp file tell what script broke moho?
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

Panha wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:36 pm Did you try opening Autosave file in Help menu? You may find your autosave files there. Regarding to the problem, when the problem exist, try these:
1- clear negative keyframes (there is a script for it in Moho script website)
2- try gather media
3- check the name of your layers to see if there are characters that code can't read
4- Click Ctrl+S before you perform any action like clicking on close/off
5- Check your file path, and temporary close other programs
6- Try save the file as previous version.
i have auto save disabled because it tends to crash
2, there were no negative keyframes
3,there was a layer with a boat webding but it wasnt seleted, and that was a switch later. it still sometimes crashes on files without special charaters.
4, i will do that before even opening the ui because it cant save when it's opened,
5, my file is in c:documents and all what was open was this website,
6, im using the moho 14 with all the features anime studio 9, 10, 11 don't have
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:07 am Looks like you also have some third party scripts installed. You might remove those and see if the crash still happens.
Tip for the above suggestion: Make a folder inside your Custom Content's Tools folder and drag all the third-party Tool scripts here. It doesn't matter what this folder is called; I call mine Disabled. This temporarily blocks Moho from reading these scripts. Next, in Moho, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L to load the empty Tools folder...this will temporarily remove the third-party Tools from Moho.

Now, test for the bug. If everything is fine, then one of the scripts is incompatible with Moho 14.1. Drag each script along with its tool icon, back into the Tools folder, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L, and test your project. Repeat this for each script.

If any of the scripts crash Moho, remove it and make a note of it. Check for updated versions of any incompatible scripts. Many older scripts had to be updated for 14.1 compatibility.

Good luck!
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

i have deleted the: create limb 2 script, reset layer origin script, smart grandchildren script, and mixed smartbones script
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:36 am
Now, test for the bug. If everything is fine, then one of the scripts is incompatible with Moho 14.1. Drag each script along with its tool icon, back into the Tools folder, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L, and test your project. Repeat this for each script.
also i dont know when it will crash since it doesnt happen all the time
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ugh, that makes it hard to troubleshoot.

I wonder if disabling or enabling GPU Cache will improve stability. I would also check that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. Moho 14 has a brand-new graphics engine, so it might be fussy about stuff like that.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

One more question: does this happen only with this particular project file? If the crashing occurs only with this project file, I suspect something is wrong with it, or one of its imported assets.
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:11 am One more question: does this happen only with this particular project file? If the crashing occurs only with this project file, I suspect something is wrong with it, or one of its imported assets.
it happens any file while having the particle/ bones constrains ui open
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:09 am Ugh, that makes it hard to troubleshoot.

I wonder if disabling or enabling GPU Cache will improve stability. I would also check that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. Moho 14 has a brand-new graphics engine, so it might be fussy about stuff like that.
it might work, also i keep having to close switch selection due to lag

edit: gpu caching causes lag on big projects
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

jeremiahbabers wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:49 am ...also i keep having to close switch selection due to lag
Here's a switch selection method I used before we got the Switch Selection window:

In the workspace, press Ctrl+Alt and Right Click over the visible switch drawing. This pops up a list of the switch drawing layers to select from. Obviously, this method works best when the layers are clearly named.

One advantage to this method is that it doesn't require you to select the Switch Layer in the Layers window to use it.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

jeremiahbabers wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:39 am it happens any file while having the particle/ bones constrains ui open
oh that's very strange, because I never had that problem.

Could be related to your OS, your hardware or your drivers?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

jeremiahbabers wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:39 am it happens any file while having the particle/ bones constrains ui open
Yes, which OS are you running? And you're running Moho 14.1, correct? If you're running 14.0, be sure to update it.

FWIW, I'm running Moho 14.1 on a laptop and desktop with the latest Windows 11 at home, and a workstation with Windows 10 at my workplace, Nvidia graphics in all three computers. I've been using Moho 14.1 regularly for several months, and the Bone Constraints and Particles windows work fine here.

If updating the OS and graphics drivers doesn't help, Moho may have a corrupted system file that needs reinstalling. Be sure to deactivate Moho's license before removing it. Because we want to perform a clean uninstall, I would download the free Revo Uninstaller (or similar program) to ensure every hidden Moho file and registry entry is cleaned. Then, re-install and re-activate Moho 14.1 using the latest Installer from the website.

I hope you get this situation solved soon.