SVG import desn't work? V14

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lazyroll

SVG import desn't work? V14

Post by lazyroll »

I've exported .SVG from affinity designer with a very light and clean hierarchy. It shows on finder while in thumbnail preview how everything looks, but when I try to import that file into Moho, it uploads single empty vector layer. Solutions? Tried to move the file from SSD to desktop, changing settings. What am I missing?
SimplSam

Re: SVG import desn't work? V14

Post by SimplSam »

To get to see the error message you need to enable Debug Info in the settings ☰ hamburger menu.

99.9% of the time it fails because there is a non-english character in the filename or because the file is 16 bit unicode (UTF-16).
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
lazyroll

Post by lazyroll »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:48 pm To get to see the error message you need to enable Debug Info in the settings ☰ hamburger menu.

99.9% of the time it fails because there is a non-english character in the filename or because the file is 16 bit unicode (UTF-16).
I've found the issue. So apparently it is not possible to export with layer effects on? because when I turn them off the project imports successfully, but that's just really sad. All I have is simple outer shadow and inner glow. Is there any workaround if it's not supported then? Or maybe I've missed some setting...
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Glad you found the issue.

For effects like that, Affinity (and others) will embed a binary image within the SVG document, and the SVG Importer does not support images within SVGs (so it ignores them).

But - as it is just a binary image anyway, you can export it as PNG from Affinity and then import that.

If you look at the text of the 2 exports that you have, you will see the difference and the encoded image within the first one.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
lazyroll

Post by lazyroll »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:38 pm Glad you found the issue.

For effects like that, Affinity (and others) will embed a binary image within the SVG document, and the SVG Importer does not support images within SVGs (so it ignores them).

But - as it is just a binary image anyway, you can export it as PNG from Affinity and then import that.

If you look at the text of the 2 exports that you have, you will see the difference and the encoded image within the first one.
Thank you!